Saturday, September 20, 2014

Weekend Warrior

Anyone wanna help
with these?
Oh, well. Only have 50 rewrites to get through. I have a "special grading space" - my reformed former screen porch is now a delightful, almost-year-round Florida Room (one of my Nana's terms - someone please tell me what makes it so?). I'll hunker down in my Adirondack chair, and everything will soon be fine.
Don't know if you noticed, but I just mixed regions in that first paragraph. Not the same as mixing metaphors; just my English Teacher's Mind on overload.
Ella Numera Dos is coming over to do homework, and then later we're going for a little rehabilitative mall-cruising. Guess I've got a full day planned, huh?


retired not tired said...

Our porch is too cold to sit on these days. Your Florida room will make the work seem less stressful.

Theresa said...

My own stack is as large. Who gives essay work during Homecoming week? This doofus!

Elaine - I used to be indecisive said...

That's a lot of rewrites to get through! Rather you than me. :)

mlissabeth said...

No thanks.😉

dkzody said...

Those papers are handwritten!! i would never accept handwritten papers. And I sure as heck wouldn't help you read them. You know, they've invented a great thing called a typewriter!

Melissa B. said...

dk and everyone else wondering about the handwritten essays: AP Lang students MUST write by hand, because they're not allowed to type on the AP exam in May. So it's good practice, even on the rewrites. Makes for tired teacher eyes, though!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I feel for ya, sister, you know I do!

My Six Words

dkzody said...

Oh, see, I would never have been picked to teach for AP for IB or GATE classes. I was vocational and not smart enough.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin