Tuesday, September 9, 2014

This just in: When it rains, it pours

 


This attractive sight on Friday morning. I soon was greeted upstairs by a gaggle of garulous, manly men in my computer lab, armed with ShopVacs, wrenches and other tools of indiscriminate destruction. Apparently the AC in the lab, adjacent to my classroom has been leaking water for a good two months or so. The entire floor/ceiling between Room 215 and the first floor entrance is mushy and mildewy and in general leaky disrepair. The trashcan is to catch the cascading drips. What can I say? I do my part.
 

 
We're "celebrating" Back-to-School Night Thursday. That's also the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. And we're expecting a monsoonal rainstorm about the time the festivities get underway. Not to put a damper on things, but...
 
 
...in that vein, our school district just spent gazillions on a new computerized gradebook/attendance system. It's called "ISIS." Not sure the acronym of the software has anything to do with jihad, but I'm feeling fairly terrorized during this second week of school.
 

 
 "That day just freaks me out." ~ A journalista commenting on the impending anniversary. Me, too, chica. Me, too.

2 comments:

kiwibyrd14 said...

I can just imagine the look on some parent's face when you tell them you just entered their kid into ISIS ..lol.

Tara R. said...

That doesn't look good. Hope you weren't swept away in the deluge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin