Tuesday, September 16, 2014

This Just In: Four score and how many years ago?


My AP Lang kids suffered their first timed essay last week. Miracle of all miracles, I got all 50 essays graded and back to them within the week. Their rewrites will start trickling in today.
One young man obviously knows his Abraham Lincoln. He just can't tell one grand pronouncement from another, I reckon.
Our new principal's motto: "Communication, collaboration, continuous improvement." Catchy, and it might even mean something. Those of you who've been with me for a while might remember Principal Man's epic fail in the Motto Department: "Wag more and bark less."

The new principal is holding his first staff meetings yesterday and today. He wants to get to know us, so we're meeting in smaller groups during our planning periods. I was in the first period group yesterday. He had donuts and coffee waiting for us. Could be a sign of good things to come - no one has fed us at a meeting in I don't know how long.

"I don't think you can be the principal of a place unless you care about it." ~ NP, natch. At the meeting featuring donuts, coffee and a healthy helping of comaraderie. A not-so-subtle jab at the two who came before him?


Chrissie said...

If he's giving you free donuts, I think he's a winner.

Melissa B. said...

And pizza for those who had meetings scheduled during lunch. Win-win situation, I'd say. :)

dkzody said...

Your new principal sounds like he could have come from our district. That motto has made the rounds, even before I retired, in FUSD. And, our administrators always knew to have food at ANY meeting. Meeting by prep, ditto.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin