Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Feel Pretty

I feel pretty...
 
 
The thermometer outside read 89; Room 215's temps soared higher, I'm sure.
 
The Yearbookies were squawking and squeaking and carrying on. Classes that meet after lunch often feature a more animated menu. Add the variables of a free-form elective held in an AC-less concrete box and the approaching final deadline, and there you have it. Chaos, bubbling in miasma of teenage chatter.
 
Then the Two Sisters strolled in. To share news of one's engagement, the other's college progress. To chat about old times and postulate about impending events. To see a couple of old friends and to bring their former Profesora a gift.
 
Flowers.
 
I reckon "West Side Story's" Maria never felt so gorgeous. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

2 comments:

Tara R. said...

The flowers are beautiful. The only thing better would have been a plate of cheesy nachos.

Melissa B. said...

Love it when my cherubs come by to see me and they're all grown up. Nachos would have indeed been a nice touch, but the flowers certainly are lasting longer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin