Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Am, I Said

Chartreuse Unicorn Dancing the Mambo

Mama Kat's Prompt #4 this week: Fill in the blanks of this template and create your own I Am poem. (ps this is a fun activity for bored kids as well. :)

Filling in My Blanks

I am sometimes smart and always sensitive.
I wonder how Twitter works, and why.
I often see unicorns dancing the Mambo in a semi-chartreuse sky
and I hear stardust fairytale hummingbirds singing backup.
But most of all,

I want to give and get love in return.

I pretend to know the answers, even when I don't.

I feel like Katie Holmes needs a hug.
I hope to soon discover hills of Leprechaun Gold,
while I worry that too much fantasy can be insidious.
I cry every time I watch "Terms of Endearment."
I am patient, sometimes smart, and always sensitive.

I understand that my cat loves me unconditionally.
I know that all God's children got a place in the choir.
I dream of winning a somewhat modest lottery jackpot.
I try to engender respect for others.
I hope that some day I'll scale the highest mountain peak.


I am sometimes smart and always sensitive;

and yes, I "tweaked" this poem after filling in the blanks.

Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

Raine said...

I like how you tweaked it - makes it much more personal. Great poem!

CaJoh said...

Stopping by from Mama Kats...
Very smart indeed to change things up a bit.

Thanks for sharing,

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin