Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Please Note

Please Note



Found this scribbled missive stuck under the door of Room 215 the other day. Please note: This particular cherub is more than 10 years gone, and he still knows how to use a semicolon.

I'd like to say I receive these testaments all the time. But in the era of e-mail and smart phones, the hastily scratched out note has just about evaporated from my world. What makes this all the more sweet, however, is that this young man - he of the recently awarded Ph.D., no less - took the trouble to visit school late in the afternoon in search of his old English teacher, and left a tribute under her classroom door.

The jury is still out, however, on his handwriting. Wonder if he's considering extending his education and going for an M.D. degree?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

This is awesome! I LOVE handwritten notes!!! You obviously are a great teacher!!

Tara R. said...

You definitely made an impact on this Cherub's academic life. How nice that he took the time to write you a note of thanks.

Jeanie said...

That is so cool.....that he took the time to write it and that he realizes what a great teacher you were (are).

Christy said...

I think he has pretty good handwriting for a doctor...=) I love the notes, although it does make me realize how little it takes to make me happy. heh.

Keetha Broyles said...

These moments are few and far between in the life of a teacher - but oh what treasures when they come.

Not to worry - his penmanship is great by comparrison to that of others of his ilk - be they ph d's or md's or even lowly pa's.

MissKris said...

It was Miss Sarah Wieseke, my Junior year English teacher, who truly gave me the impetus to really WRITE! Tho I have my own quirky way of spelling and (mis)using punctuation marks, it was her quiet, subtle way of letting me know she thought I had talent that spurred me on. If and when I ever publish a book, it will be dedicated to her. Yes...teachers DO make a difference in students' lives. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin