Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Goes Around Comes Around

Blue Basket of Justice

This time last year I was taking a class at a local elementary school. It's not uncommon to hold professional development in local schools, but they don't often make us sit in teeny-tiny chairs at midget-sized library tables.

Having to squat to sit down and also to pee (pint-sized toilets, too!) put me in mind of my daughter's friend, who teaches 5th grade. She often posts brilliant kid-type observations on her Facebook page.

Last year I quoted quite a few of these aphorisms. Today, I'll do the same. Oh, and the snap above is from that self-same 5th-grade classroom. Scribbles courtesy of a 10-year-old, I reckon!
Kid Moment of the Day: I have been telling the kids that if they don't put their names on their papers they'd owe me cheesecake. Today a girl presented me with a huge slice and said, "I always put my name on my paper but I thought you could use some cheesecake."

Today a girl in my class asked me to "besparkle" her project. I'm pretty sure I can just retire now on this accomplishment.

Kid Moment of the Day: While walking back to my room from dropping my kids off at lunch, I ran across a group of fifth-graders. I asked them what they were doing and they replied that they were supposed to have special lunch but it got canceled. The only boy in the group asked if they could eat with me. I replied yes. Then he turned to his friends and exclaimed, "See?! I told you I had the moves like Jagger!!"

Today I threatened my chatty children that if they didn't finish their poem they'd have to have lunch with me and finish it. Then a flurry of children asked if they could purposely not finish to eat with me. Guess I have to change my consequence.

Please vote for Mrs. Scribe (that's me!) in the 2011 Edublog Awards. I'm up for Best Individual Blogger. Only lost by nine votes last year. Please...Vote early ~ and often!


Arnebya said...

Oh, these are darling. The cheesecake one made me laugh out loud. The last one is just sweet.(I voted too!).

Tara R. said...

I want someone to bring me huge slices of cheesecake too.

Jerralea said...

The blue basket of Justice cracked me up!

SUPAHMAMA! said...

Bedazzle!?!?? Love it!!!

Tracy P. said...

Now this I LOVE! When I taught my rule was "If it becomes a toy, it becomes mine." It had to stay overnight in the drawer that became known as the "slumber party" drawer. Not that many of those items were ever claimed.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin