Monday, December 19, 2011

Crimson Tide



Crimson Tide



As I recently decreed, in quite the unoriginal fashion, "There's no place like home." Beyond that, there's no feeling like having the entirety of La Familia Scribe home for Christmas Break.

Yes, I said it. The ecomium, "Christmas Break," has unfortunately gone the way of the chalkboard in our daily schoolhouse lexicon. In a forever-PC world, we commemorate "Winter Break," "Holiday Break," or just plain "Break." Some day I do believe I'll wake up, Rumpelstiltskin-style, and find out that the Powers That Be have done away with all that holiday crapola and instituted the celebration of Festivus, for the rest of us.

Or Christmahanakwanzika, if you prefer.

At any rate, these festive baubles, shining bright in San Francisco's Ghiradelli Square, put me in mind of those near and dear. The children were nestled all snug in their beds, and all that jazz.

Here's my Christmas wish for you: That you suffer no lines at the mall and that you don't have to circle for a parking space. For too long, at least. Amen to that!

6 comments:

Tara R. said...

We still call it Christmas Break in our neck of the woods, but The Boy has been wishing everyone Happy Chrimbus lately.

Marrdy said...

I haven't stopped by for a while but I wanted to wish you a very Merry CHRISTMAS!! I miss reading your blog and miss chatting with you.

Heather said...

Hi!
My name is Heather and I work for Worth Ave. Group. We’re currently holding a contest for K-12 teachers to win grants for their schools, and iPads or iPods for their classrooms. If you’re interested in participating, feel free to email me or visit the link I’ve posted below.
Have a great day!
http://www.worthavegroup.com/giveaway/
voteforteachers@worthavegroup.com

Online GED said...

Such a nice blog appreciated

Mrs4444 said...

Merry Christmas, Melissa!! :) Here's to a happy, healthy, fun, safe holiday for you and your family.

Ab Machines said...

Such a nice blog! Thanks for sharing it with us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin