Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Thousand Splendid Suns





1,000 posts pale compared to this!

Yes, today is my 1,000th post in this forum. I started up this blogging janx 3+ years ago to chronicle my life as a high school English teacher, and to highlight moments like this.

Thanks to all who wear the uniform, who serve our country, who've made the ultimate sacrifice. And God Bless my former student and her Dad, recently home from Afghanistan. Their touching reunion is captured in this video. I have six more words for this special day:


I dare you not to cry.


12 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Have you read "A Thousand Splendid Suns"?

What a book.

Ron. said...

Let's count up all the military people away from home, then replay this scene that many times simultaneously. That would be some joy.

Sharon said...

I cried...as I do every time I see a video or picture of a soldier being reunited with his/her family. :o)

That corgi :) said...

Couldn't get the video to load; its my computer, its old, sometimes has trouble with things like this. But thankful to the military and those who faithfully serve to protect our freedom!

Congrats on 1000 posts!

enjoy the weekend!

betty

Debbie said...

Of course I cried. That was wonderful!

Jeanie said...

Oh yes, that brings on some tears.
Congratulations to you on 1000 posts....very impressive.

Brenda Youngerman said...

Congratulations on 1000!
Wonderful video!

Karen S. said...

Oh I can so relate, and yes crying....may you all be merry and safe, and together!

Kasi said...

So sweet! Visiting from Six Word Saturday!

Tara R. said...

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Emily said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr7DcJdbCS0
I dare you to watch this one without crying!

Call Me Cate said...

I definitely teared up. That was really lovely - thank you for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin