Thursday, November 24, 2011

Go, Pack, Go!

Go, Pack, Go!

Happy Thanksgiving from Mrs. Scribe and Mama Kat's Prompt #4:
Write a poem about something you’re thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Go, Pack, Go!
Really, I'm watching you
Embarrass the Lions today,
Even though the game comes on
Not at Noon-Thirty, but at 9:30 in the a.m.

Because I'm in the "other" Bay Area for Turkey Day
And I want to celebrate
Your soon-to-be 11 and 0 record.

Push yourselves, boys, and remember:
As you take the field, I'll be
Cozy in my PJS, still trying to get over a
Kicker of a case of jet lag, a situation that
Envelopes me every time I trek across the country to see my
Relatives who live on the Left Coast.

Go, Pack, Go!


Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

They really play at 9:30 a.m.? What a fun season you are having! I am a struggling Browns fan.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stopping by from Writer's workshop:

Adrienne said...

This is fantastic!! I mean, I'm a Pat's fan...but other than that, what a great post! Enjoy your day - I'll be watching too...but at noon-thirty here in Bean town!

Stopping in from Mama Kat's

SUPAHMAMA! said...

Funny I got to your blog right as my Husband LOST IT over the kids squealing during the National Anthem. Me? I'm going to go put my headphones back in and finish cleaning the kitchen. Hope they win!

400 Wakeups said...

Looks like you got your wish! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tracy P. said...

I was seriously glad this game was on in the morning and we didn't realize it. Spared my wildcat lovin' boy the frustration of watching! We ate dinner happily, in peace. :-) Give Christian Ponder another year or two, and the guys in purple will give old AR a run for his money!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin