Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bear Hug

Bear Hug

A good thing to grade papers on a Sunday afternoon.

A bad thing to grade papers while watching the Green Bay Packers beat up on the Chicago Bears.

My cherubs probably received much better scores on their recent AP essay rewrites. I had a difficult time concentrating, knowing that nasty Brian Urlacher wanted to take Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers' head off.

For those of you who hail from those parts and have been longtime Scribe fans, you'll know that Chicago is most definitely not my kind of town. Apparently, though, it's friendly to Ella Numera Dos. She's pictured above getting some sugar from a festive Bears fan during last year's playoffs.

At least she didn't have to grade any papers while she was watching that game.


Tara R. said...

Superior Snap! Hopefully the Packers will pick up their game.

Toriz said...

I'm pretty sure the people who possibly got better marks than they otherwise would have no objections to you not having your full attention on their papers. ;)

Susie said...

Go Packers!!!

Lucy said...

What a great picture! I am not a huge Football fan but I come from a family that loves the game, we tend to follow college teams more, Buckeye Fans (seeing how our two NFL teams stink, the Browns and Bengals)

Anyway, enjoy your season, you guys off to a great start!!

Tracy P. said...

Well I'll tell you what. It's a good thing that I don't feel any particular need to follow the NFL. I would probably be adopting the Packers for good. It might become the cool thing to do this year in my town.

I might produce some bumper stickers and make a profit though.

"Minnesota: Where old quarterbacks go to die."


Blog Widget by LinkWithin