Monday, August 8, 2011

Shop 'Til I Drop

Beef and Berries



I was out of town. Mr. Fairway was home alone, with one teenager to mind. That meant he had to do the shopping, too.

Keep in mind that this is the man who perpetually screws up the grocery shopping so that I won't ever ask him to go again.

The conversation went something like this:

Him: "What's for dinner?"

Me: "How would I know? I'm not there."

Him: "Well, should we cook?"

Me: "Do you have anything to cook? Do you even know how to cook?"

Him: "Any suggestions?"

Me: "Ask Ella Numera Dos. She'll tell you what she wants."

The next day, I called for an update. The Youngest answered the phone.

Me: "How's it going?"

Her: "OK. Except Daddy doesn't know how to shop."

Me: "I told him to ask you want you like to eat."

Her: "He did."

Me: "So, what did you tell him?"

Her: "Meat and berries."

Me: "So, what did he buy?"

Her: "Pork chops, steak, hamburger meat, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries."

Me: "Did he try to cook anything?"

Her: "No. We ate the berries for breakfast and then went out for lunch and dinner."



Photo by Monichrome. You can find a recipe that resembles this snap here.

8 comments:

Christy said...

ROFL...that is awesome.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like they a getting by just fine.....I hope the froze the meat :)

HappyChyck said...

Oh my goodness! That's too funny!

forgetmenot said...

Probably a wise choice to "eat out". It's just "hard" for men to be homemakers. Mickie :)

blueviolet said...

I'm just not sure they're capable of more than that. Really.

Cheryl said...

I love anyone who knows their limitations, embraces them, and moves on.

Miriam Loeb said...

I love this! Your husband sounds just like mine.

Please check mine out at http://www.hertzfurniture.com/school-matters

Also, Hertz Furniture is having a contest for all teachers and school staff. Just click http://www.hertzfurniture.com/contests.html for the chance to win an ergonomic office chair for your home or classroom.
New contest every month!

Cassy said...

Very good husband. I love your conversation....

Cassy from Beginner Free Guitar Lessons

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin