Thursday, July 7, 2011

Above and Beyond




PINK







Waking
up

when I want to,

instead

of

at

5 a.m.


Getting inspiration

from

the little things

in

life.


Pink hydrangeas.

Purring cats.

An adult beverage

of

the red grape variety.


Working

out

twice a day.

(Yes, you read that right.)


Going


above, not

to

mention beyond,

what's necessary

(sometimes).

Finding pleasure

from

reading

between

the lines.


Writing a poem

that's full

of

prepositions

(because I can).


Running

beneath

the radar.


Coloring

outside

the lines.

5 comments:

Mommy Lisa said...

See - THAT is freedom. I took that prompt too "patriotically" so I really am glad I read your post.

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

great poem and so true!
...getting inspiration from the little things in life, beautiful!

wonderful picture with fine shadows!

have a great day!
betty xx

Ash said...

Twice a day?

You're my American Hero.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I LOVE this!

Sarah said...

Signing an impeachment petition against whoever, then get an ice cream because you know you won't get arrested for signing, that's freedom!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin