Thursday, June 9, 2011

Splish, Splash!



Splish Splash!



OK, I admit it. I've been in a funk, of late. Temps hovering near 100, humidity to match, all the yin and the yang of the waning days of school have got me ill-tempered.


But my cherubs will be on their merry way out the door of Room 215 in a little more than a week. Then I'm free to investigate more noble pursuits: ie, trips to see my Chicas, excursions to The OBX, putzing around in the garden, et al.


I vowed to get some inspiration this evening. While cruising through my photo folders, I uncovered this gem from a couple years back. Shot at Ye Olde Swimming Hole, this snap bespeaks of my eagerness to said "adios" to the 2010-2011 school year and be done with it.


Yup, I reckon I'm ready to get the Hell out of Dodge.

16 comments:

Tara R. said...

Seeing that Superior Snap makes me feel cooler already. Great capture!

Sarah said...

That looks more like desperation than fun. I'm heading to MO soon, and I should maybe take my swimsuit with me.

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

Wow! that is an amazing photo!
i adore it!!

what a refreshing post, melissa!

happy weekend!

betty

missed you!!

Jeanie said...

I'm sure your ill-temper will lift as soon as you begin your listed noble pursuits. Good luck with the last week.

Tracy P. said...

Don't blame you a bit! Took my kids out for breakfast for their first morning of summer vacation today. I share their teachers' sentiments--glad to kick back!!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific capture! I love it! You have heat, we chill and wet and I'm as tired of it as you are the heat!! And being a former teacher, I do so relate, Melissa! Hope you have a great weekend and freedom is on the way!!!

Sylvia

'Tsuki said...

Lots of fun come with lots of water... Thanks for this cheerfull sharing.

Nance said...

I so hear you! Today was our Last Day Of Classes. Finals next week, and then we're finally done as of the 16th. WHY ARE WE STILL IN SCHOOL? So hurtful...

Christy said...

welcome back! Next Wednesday is our last day and it can't be here soon enough. =)

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

You should be out already! It's hot and school should be finished... Enjoy your summer and give your nerves and brain cells a breather...

Love this refreshing shot!
Genie

James said...

Great action in this shot! That looks like the best place to be this time of year.

Susie said...

Here's to summer!!

Regina said...

Refreshing!
Great capture.
Happy weekend.

Lucy said...

Have missed you but totally understand!
Hang in there, summer vacation is coming and you will soon be feeling more refreshed!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

That pic is so fun, it makes me feel refreshed!

forgetmenot said...

Absolutely "wonderful" shot!!!! And, by the way, Dodge is in Kansas, and that would be a wise decision as it is not the greatest place in the world to be. Have a great Sunday. Mickie :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin