Sunday, May 1, 2011

Someone Needs a Nap

Someone Needs a Nap

When I saw this Superior Snap, I knew I had to make a comment or two. These two royal flower girls could be the Scribe Chicas of a certain age. Ella Numera Dos on the left, and Ella Numera Una on the right.

One question, though. Am I the only person who thinks Kate's veil looks like a dish towel anchored by a gorgeous heirloom tiara?

And yes, I was a tad late to school on Friday morning. I watched Kate and her dad float down the aisle and witnessed the exchange of vows before I had to trudge yet again to the Salt Mines.


June Freaking Cleaver said...

I thought it looked like the sheers my mother had hanging in the living room under the heavy draperies...maybe the budget needed to be cut back.

TortugaRachel said...

Maybe it was an allusion to when the Queen had to buy her wedding dress material with ration cards. Haha!

I love the look on that lil gal's face. I don't think I woulda much liked all the hoopla either.

Jeanie said...

I didn't much like the veil at first, but it kind of grew on me. I got way more into the whole wedding thing than I thought I would or had planned to.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Can I just admit that I just don't care?? Seriously, I'm glad it's all over and people can stop talking about it already, lol!

I did love her dress though and I actually thought her veil was lovely! She looked just like Grace Kelly!!!

I hope they will be happy and the press will leave them alone!

Ms.Wasteland said...

I thought she was a beautiful bride but I have to admit that I thought the dress and veil were a little plain.

Tara R. said...

That is one very disgruntled flower girl. Wonder if she is tired or upset Prince William is kissing another girl.

I agree with Jeannie. I really couldn't care less and am simply glad it's finally over.

Mrs4444 said...

I didn't get up to watch it, but I enjoyed the recaps all weekend.

Now, though, I do need a nap; I'm sick and have a root canal to look forward to tomorrow :)

400 Wakeups said...

Clearly I need to get cable back. I missed every bit of coverage because I was in a wedding the next day and my entire Friday was consumed with decorating. But this is a most fantastic picture and I'm so glad you posted it because, literally, it is the only royal wedding coverage I've seen!

The Blonde Duck said...

But they honestly look in love, don't they?

blueviolet said...

I just can't see beyond their faces radiating love! :)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin