Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time to Make the Donuts

Don't Worry...Be Happy

The refreshing balm of spring breezes finally arrived in my part of the world this week, as I embarked on the annual journey known as Spring Break.

During my travels I always look for a sign of the times. When I saw this one in San Francisco's Noe Valley yesterday, I experienced a certain "ah ha!" moment. Something about the congruence of the street sign ~ Church ~ and the shop sign ~ Happy Donuts ~ certainly spoke to me. That and the mid-afternoon fog drifting down the hills from the ocean.

Easter is the time of rebirth. I'm recharging my batteries on the Left Coast this week, where I will sleep late, eat too much and wander into a few sticky situations ~ I hope.


Susie said...

I can't wait!! Ours starts Friday!!!

Tracy P. said...

Church and donuts--a fabulous combination! Hope the only sticky situation is your fingers. Have a ball, Melissa! You deserve it. Looking forward to more of your "superior snaps"!

Tara R. said...

There have been a few donuts that offered me a religious experience. Enjoy your Spring Break!

Lesa said...

Hahahahaha-- church, donuts and liquor! Too funny!!!

dkzody said...

I knew that photo was in SF. What a great place to spend spring break.

Sarah said...

Welcome to San Francisco! A new theory says fat is good for you, so donut away!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin