Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Fever

Mama’s Losin’ It




Oh, this is an easy one in the land of blooms and tombs. I didn't really venture into the 'hood. Here are a few of the sights in my yard. Flowers are named either by where I acquired them (the Home Depot azalea) or by their given names (yes, Hanky-Panky is a real name for one variety of azalea).

The yard art all acquired alliterative names, based on the type of critter presiding in the garden. And Cherub ~ an old busted fountain, actually, that I acquired for 40 bucks at a junk store called The Bargain Den ~ is, well, a cherub, and you know how I feel about those. Enjoy!

Hanky-Panky


Hanky-Panky

Cherub


Cherub



Rock, Paper


Rock, Paper

Eastern Redbud


Eastern Redbud

Home Depot


Home Depot



Triple Threat


Triple Threat


Fred


Fred


Purple


Purple


Ronnie


Ronnie



Dandy


Dandy



Arnie


Arnie


Dead Head


Dead Head

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Beautiful flowers! Like the yard decorations and oh, we've had gray skies like that now here in Cleveland for days!

Jessica said...

Those names crack me up. Dandy and Dead Head were my favorites.

Tara R. said...

Beautiful spring blooms. I like Dead Head. Now, I'll hear Jerry Garcia in my head all day.

Anne said...

I want Fred, Ronnie and Arnie... too cute. Where did you find these awesome garden critters?
Hope your triple threat didn't get too bad? We had quite a few tornado warning in our region starting last night. No fun but so far so good!

Unknown Mami said...

We have a very similar cherub in our backyard. We found him abandoned on the street.

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

The dead head is my favorite.

Tracy P. said...

Ah, this gave me lots of smiles. Spring is so late here this year. Only crocuses and daffodils so far, and none in our yard. Glad things are beautiful in your world!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin