Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Bud's for You!

Forsythia


I wake up when early spring nods its sleepy head. I don't want to wait for the raucous symphony of blooms ~ I prefer to watch the first act, as the plot develops. I can get to know the characters better that way.


And, yes, forsythia is my favorite spring plant. A woody bush, which grows in all kinds of whompy-jawed kinds of ways. Perfect prop for playing hide-and-go-seek, as the neighbor kids did the other day. My sister and I performed similar rituals as wee ones.


And, no, I didn't take this Superior Snap. It was captured by a photographer named Teri Chandler and I snagged it especially for this special post.


Today's the third anniversary of the day I decided to make my life ~ or parts of it, anyway ~ public. A blank canvas upon which to paint. Or a budding forsythia bush. Take your pick.


Happy Blogoversary to me. And to you, dear readers. Thanks for helping this idea bloom.

12 comments:

Jeanie said...

Kudos to you for making it to your 3rd Blogoversary. I am glad you are here.
Lots of forsythia at the house where I grew up so they are special to me. They are scraggly, hardy and beautiful.

Tracy P. said...

Happy blogoversary! I appreciate the bud, since they are still mainly an exciting concept to be explored just a smidge later in our world. I'm having my virtual spring before my real one, and I prefer it in that order. :-)

Susie said...

Happy Blogoversary! What a great accomplishment:-)

Edna Lee said...

Happy Blogaversery to you!!! Keep writing, writing, writing. We love it!

The Blonde Duck said...

Hooray!

Tara R. said...

Happy Blog-oversary! Leather is the traditional 3rd anniversary gift... that could be interesting. Hope you many Superior Scribe years ahead of you.

Nance said...

Happy 3rd! A precocious forsythia next door got weighed down with snow a couple days ago here in NEO. You'd think it'd learn....

Alexandra Maniaci said...

Happy Blogoversary! I hope it continues to be a success. I love the way you wrote about spring in the beginning of your post. It was such a lovely metaphor.

Sarah said...

Congrats! You've done great on this endeavor.

quilly said...

Since I am a punny gal, you know I love the play on words! The picture is pretty good, too, even if it isn't one of yours. ;)

Happy Blogoversary!

K-Ped said...

awesome post! miss you nelso!

Betty Manousos@ CUT AND DRY said...

Happy belated Blogoversary!
That is a great accomplishment.
And that photo is so lovely...thanks!

Happy Monday!
Big hugs!
Betty xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin