Thursday, March 24, 2011

La Zona Rosa


Come Sail Away


(With apologies to my children.)
All's I wanna do is
be here with you;
call you baby and be your
designated driver.

Even when I'm sad and blue I
find time to be here with you;
gotta have my fix; gotta
have my whole lotta love.

I know it's been a long time;
just too long a time
kin you feel it?
Love the one you're with.

My man wants me all the time;
no time like the present, correctamundo?
Or that's what I like to think.
Perhaps I'm dreamin', but it's my

quest. To be with you,
run up and down your spine
slosh around in the ocean
tides of your love,

until I get what I been lookin' for.
Vixen, some folks call me.
Well, I'll take that and play it on my
xylophone.

You don't feel it, too? I'm
zoned out on you.

10 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Great job! And you do sound like quite a vixen!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Amazing! This is truly amazing!

400 Wakeups said...

This is very impressive. I can only imagine how long it would take me to write something with every line starting between A and Z. You got mad poetry skillz you vexing vixen!!

Tara R. said...

Well done!

C said...

Grosssssss

rental elf said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Karen and Gerard said...

Pretty clever!

Debbie said...

I am so impressed by this! I can't write a poem to save my life. Let alone one where each line has to start with a certain letter!

HappyChyck said...

Well done! This is a challenge I give to my creative writing students. It's pretty difficult to write something GOOD!

Alexandra Maniaci said...

Hi,
My name is Alexandra Maniaci and I’m in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. You can check out my blog at http://maniacialexandraedm310.blogspot.com. This is such a creative poem! I love reading other people’s poems, but I would be too stressed out if I had to make one up with those rules to follow. I also like the picture you posted with it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin