Monday, March 14, 2011

Au Revoir, Gopher

Where Did You Come From...A Scotch Ad?


I've been thinking, lo, these four weeks or so, about Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, and his strong resemblance to Bill Murray's character from the 1980 classic, "Caddyshack."

Research shows that voters often select candidates based on looks. Sad, I know, but very true.

All I have to say is that if this is the case in Wisconsin, 52 percent of voters in the Badger State were smokin' something last November. But they are making amends four months later, with a mammoth recall effort.

As Carl Spackler would say, "In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'."

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this post! As a retired teacher, all of the anti-teacher yadda yadda sets my hair on fire.
My son could quote this whole movie when he was 10. Love it!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Once they created the legislation separate from the budget, then the jig was up.

I hope the citizens of WI are successful in their recall...and perhaps they should also consider legislators who have overstayed their welcome.

Vodka Mom said...

i am still shocked that they are returning to the ICE AGES.

What happened to Norma Rae?? Honestly.

blueviolet said...

Voting based on looks? How shallow are we as a people?

Mugsy said...

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the resemblance, so I Googled it.

Looks like I'm not the only one. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin