Thursday, February 3, 2011

She Who Laughs Last...

Can't Keep a Lid on It


Snippets stolen from my Facebook Friends this past week, some engendered by the Monster Storm that marched across most of the country. Not all are weather-related, though. The Ushanka snap, in my humble opinion, takes the blue ribbon. I know y'all have always wondered what those funny Russian fur fashion statements were called. Means "Ear Hat." Seriously.

10. Our house @ 3 am. Dad snores. Mom can't sleep. Mom leaves Dad for guest room to escape snoring. Falls asleep. Dad wakes to find Mom gone, and, dismayed, goes to find her. Finds Mom. Crawls into bed with her. Snores. Mom returns to original bed. Dad wakes and goes looking for her. Repeat x2. Morning arrives. Both parents are grumpy, not having slept for they spent all night chasing each other around the house.

9. PLEASE BEGIN REFERRING TO MENSTRUAL CYCLES AS "SHARK WEEK."

8. This is perfect Snowgarita weather!

7. Things that are true: a) I worked really hard this weekend; b) I have watched over 12 hours of "Ally McBeal"; c) "a" was entirely the result of "b"; and d) "c" means that my life rules.

6. E: This particular Sudoku makes me feel stupid. K: Nobody can make you feel stupid. What you feel is a choice within your control. E: This particular Soduku offered me the choice of feeling stupid, and I took it.

5. does anyone know how much cookie dough you have to eat before you get salmonella? and does anyone know if salmonella can kill you?

4. dear school. i hate chu.

3. cream cheese frosting and snow. my life is complete.

2. Of course it wasn't until we left the house for the night that I learned the cats had peed in my shoe. Awesome.

1. YURE SO PRETTTAYH!

16 comments:

Krystal said...

this cracked me up! i love shark week, i'm going to use that, haha :)

Vodka Logic said...

Those hats are all the rage. I wan't one.

Yep Shark week is the best.

paulakiger said...

Good one(s)!! Wow social media gives us all so many chuckles (and some groans), doesn't it?!

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

Jeanie said...

Lots of those hats around here this week. Instead of laughing I was sort of wising I had one.
You've got some funny FB friends.

annalyn said...

That chasing at bed time is pretty hilarious. Like a movie scene to me :)

Amy said...

My life does, in fact, continue to rule. Grand total = 20 hours in three days.

Sarah said...

#10 paints an endearing picture. Love it.

Tracy P. said...

#6 all the way. This is exactly why I love facebook.

mama-face said...

this is the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

And here I thought it was cream cheese and GRAHAM CRACKERS!!

;-)

Stephanie Faris said...

Shark week? LOL. That one cracked me up.

Susie said...

Those are hilarious!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL!

Thanks for the giggles!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

She looks like a porcupine! :)

Cecelia Winesap said...

"I hate chu." I love that.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's!

Snuggle Wasteland said...

#10 is what happens at my house EVERY NIGHT. Sorry. I didn't mean to scream at you but I'm so sleepy.

Lisa May said...

I read this article and tried to think what was the last thing that really made me laugh? I couldn't think of anything,then I asked myself, "How sad is that?" I realized that maybe I have been rushing through life so serious and trying to accomplish all these little tasks involved in raising a family, working and going to school that I have forgotten to look for the humor and happiness in the small things - so, thank you for two things:
1. Providing those facebook postings that definitely made me laugh - especially the bedtime chasing because with our big family and three sick kids this past week, musical beds is all to familiar!
2. Making me realize that I need to slow down and appreciate the humor in my life! And believe, there is plenty of it with 8 kids,a husband,work,school... - I had just forgotten to laugh at it! Laughing does make it all more bearable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin