Monday, January 10, 2011

News at 11


News at 11

In world news...
Pakistani governor shot
dead
by his bodyguard.

Around the nation...
Assistant principal shot
dead
in Omaha.

Federal judge
and a 9-year-old
(plus four others) shot
dead
in Tucson.

Public servant, caught in the"crosshairs,"
clings to life.

Meanwhile, closer to home...

Eight shot
dead
in eight days.

And it might snow
on Tuesday.

Madness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feeling the poetic muse? Scribble a little something, post it at your place,
and link back here. No fuss, no Mr. Linky, no muss.

8 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I've been torn between writing something about the madness, and wanting to bury my head further in the sand and pretend none of the latest bad stuff happened.

Also, it's easy to convince myself that any words I may put to page are wholly inadequate to describe how I feel, or to make sense of it.

Snuggle Wasteland said...

I don't like to be an alarmist but the world is really in turmoil right now. I pray for peace and healing for everyone.

Jeanie said...

Clearly madness and you stated it so well in your few words.

Susie said...

If have all lost our collective minds!!

Tara R. said...

All of this makes my heart hurt.

Tracy P. said...

It's true. The world is a mess. I do "watch" the news, but almost never on TV. Life is much better that way, for me.

But hey, the Pack advanced, right? So that's something. It's looking good for post-Favre teams these days, so I'm encouraged! :-) But hubby is a Falcons fan, so I'll join him next weekend.

Sarah said...

If only we could get more guns into those imbalanced people, all this madness will stop.

blueviolet said...

It's really, really scary when you think about everything together.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin