Thursday, December 9, 2010

"It's Elementary, My Dear Watson!"

Please vote for The Scholastic Scribe

and MOO in the 2010 Edublog Awards!

"It's Elementary, My Dear Watson!"

Recent Facebook posts by elementary school friends reveal a "different" side of teaching, which I don't often see:

Kindergartener #1: "Ms. Teacher! How do you color so good?"
Kindergartener #2: "Because she's magic!"
"Sooo, Ms. Teacher, if it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and summer in the Southern Hemisphere, but it's still Christmas there...won't Santa get really hot when he goes to Australia?"
After being told that "hug time" was over and that they needed to sit and do their work, one girl said, "I wish we went to hug school where we could hug all day long."
Ms. Teacher, so do you just party all night long?"
"What? No, why do you think that?"
"Because you're young!"
Small child quote of the day: "Smell my leaf!"
"Ms. Teacher, next time can you play more music that's like from modern times? No offense!"
‎"Sooo, Ms. Teacher, an appliance is just like a machine that does things for you so that you can make it your slave?"
Child 1: "Ms. Teacher, are strawberries made of oranges?"
Ms. Teacher: "No, Silly!"
Child 2: "Ms. Teacher, you are made of mud!"


Julie M. said...

The joys of being a teacher. I think you just summed it up perfectly in that post.

Smell my leaf! Love it!

faerwillow said...

~to little yesterday just asked something along similar lines...mama doesn't santa get hot and tired from traveling the world..i am hot just from walking around! just voted...i wish you well and blessings always be with you and yours~

waytenmom said...

LOL! Definitely "out of the mouths of babes". I enjoyed your posts from this "enchanted" age!

Jeanie said...

I love the words from these little minds. My daughter taught kindergarten for six years and has her own collection of "out of the mouths......"

yonca said...

Reading your post was fun.Kids are amazing, so many fun stories:)

Kim said...

Love these. Kids are so honest and awesome. Visiting from Mama Kat's

parentingBYdummies said...

I wish my appliances would be my slaves. And, I think I might be made outta mud!

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Loved those conversations. I love listening to kids's amazing Q.
I really enjoyed this post.

B xx

Tara R. said...

I agree that coloring is magic. These were priceless.

The Nice One said...

Oh how your post made me miss my students!!!

Lucy said...

Here is hoping mother and daughter get 1st prize!! I voted!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin