Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Reflection




Holiday Reflection

La Familia Scribe survived the OBX Snowpocalypse, and returned to the DC area to discover 50-degree temps heralding the New Year. This snap captures our attempt at a "beachy" Christmas tree (courtesy of K-Mart), with the roiling Atlantic reflected in the glass.


We're welcoming 2011 at home tonite. Both chicas are scattered to the winds ~ one down FLA way, and the other back at school in the Upper Midwest.


And while I'm not often caught quoting Oprah, I'd like to leave you with this New Year's nugget:


"Cheers to a new year, and another chance for us to get it right." Who knew the Queen of Daytime TV could be so profound?

15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific capture for the New Year! Love the reflection of the Atlantic as well as the colorful and different tree! I love it! Wishing you a wonderful Happy New Year, loaded with all the good things!! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Becky Chalet said...

Nice,the sea and the tree in one frame. Happy New Year!

Kristy said...

Oprah is our modern day wise man. I do not know what I'll do without her show.

Lucy said...

love the picture! Happy New Year!

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy New Year!

James said...

Very nice photo!
Happy New Year!

Jeanie said...

Very cool picture!
May we all keep trying to get it right every day.
Happy New year.

Susie said...

I love that saying!

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

I love, love, love that picture!!

Here's wishing you hapiness and prosperity in the New Year!

Love and hugs!
B xx

dkzody said...

I got 2010 so RIGHT that I don't know how 2011 can top it, but here's to hoping it does.

EG Wow said...

Lovely!!
All the best in 2011!

Snuggle Wasteland said...

We drove to FL through the OBX Snowpocalypse. Not fun. Love the capture.

I hope you and your family have a fabulous 2011!

Cheryl said...

Sorry, not kudos to the queen. Oprah stole that from a book she featured in 1993 on her list. I only know 'cuz my mother bought a copy for each of us. Andrew Vacchs: Another Chance to Get it Right.

Nice shot of the beach reflected in the xmas tree.

Au and Target said...

The Atlantic looks COLD! Happy New Year to you all.

miss jo said...

A great Xmas tree and New Year post....Fresh slate. New start...My favorite time of year !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin