Monday, December 27, 2010

Cookies for Santa, and More

Cookies for Santa, and More!

When my Chicas come home, I'm frequently forced to take a step back; to marvel that my babies aren't babies anymore. They're all grown up but, in a sense, will always be the little girls I carried.

Ella Numera Una worked on a project over the Christmas weekend. While both my gals spend a preponderance of the day tapping away on their laptops, Una seemed a tad more engaged than usual. That, plus yesterday, when I tried to cuddle and take a glance over her shoulder, she shrugged away from me.

She had a secret, for sure.

But when Una wrapped things up yesterday evening, she showed me she still has the element of surprise down pat.

Presenting Ella Numera Una, the latest of the Blogger Chicks in La Familia Scribe. Her newest effort, how do I boil water? was inspired by her fondness for The Food Network and her strong survival instinct.

"After 18 years of having home-cooked meals by Mom, four years of a dining hall and pizza delivery, I had to start relying on myself (apparently, you need to cook in order to eat)," Ella Numera Una says in her new blog's "About Me."

"I was terrified at first, but soon learned cooking isn't too hard and can even be fun," galfriend says.

Please drop by how do I boil water? to catch favorite recipes, observations and food critiques. Una characterizes her new creative effort as an "experiment." And she'd love to have the blogging community join her in trying new things.


Lui said...

That sounds ballistic! Haha! I will check it out when traffic is not so bad. The PC is super slow today!

chubskulit said...

We forgot to do that and daughter asked us the following morning why we didn't leave cookie for santa lol.

Baptism Cake for Ruby Tuesday, happy holidays!

Tracy P. said...

How fun! Love the photo, and look forward to seeing what Una is up to!

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

You know the old saying that a photo speaks a thousand words? Well this one is the epitome of it all.

My Ruby Tuesday Link

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Love this photo!
Can't wait to see what Una is up to.

My warmest wishes for the holidays!

Big hugs!
B xx

Sarah said...

You might even be able to rest and have her cook one of the Christmases in the future. Imagine that!

EG Wow said...

Sounds like something exciting is going on in her life. :)

Dishesdone said...

They are always our babies, aren't they? Great photo :)
She has a terrific blog, I took a peek!

Boonie S said...

Great fun.

Happy holiday to you, Boonie

Martha in PA said...

Stopping in to say hi! I will have to check out your daughter's new blog. I pray that one day my daughter too will find her domestic gene! She asked how to use the toaster the other day... YIKES! She's 13.

Susie said...

Wow...the apples doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

Hey Harriet said...

Off to check out your daughter's blog. It sounds fun!

yonca said...

Love the pic! Lost River Chili looks yummy:)I wish you and your family all of the best in 2011.

annalyn said...

while reading this post an hours ago, I was also browsing some recipes, I guess your daughter's blog will be of big help for me. thank you for posting about her cooking blog. It is so fascinating to read :)

and thank you too for jumping back onto my blog :)

I followed her tumblr, btw :)

Au and Target said...

Thanks for visiting us. Your chica's cooking adventures sound like fun.

miss jo said...

Yep, all grown up those chicas. What's next ? A familia cable cooking show ?


Blog Widget by LinkWithin