Monday, November 15, 2010

I Wanna Bang on the Drum All Day...


I Wanna Bang on the Drum All Day...

My chicas are quite the studious types, and I say that with more than a modicum of sarcasm. The fact is that when they're in the library, one of two things could happen. They might give in to the urge to study, or they'll most likely cruise through Facebook. I think that recently, as the holidays have approached the latter has been the case, as evidenced by the following:

Dear girl sitting across from me at the law library:
Last time I checked, there was no need for a calculator or crazy mathematical formulas in law school. Please go to your own library because you are sick and smell like cough drops.
Love, Ella Numera Una

Dear FB Friends:
I have four pages left for my paper that's due next week, so I'm gonna go shopping.
Later, Ella Numera Dos

Dear Brett (Favre):
You are supposed to throw to the people in purple. Not the people in green and gold. That's called an interception. However, we do like it when you throw it to us because then we win.
Your Former Fan, Ella Numera Una

To Whom It May Concern:
I don't want to work. I wanna bang on the drum all day.
Packers Forever, Ella Numera Dos

The last is a reference to the classic Todd Rungren song that plays at Lambeau Field when the Green Bay Packers score. And the snap above was secured, I'm sure, in dreadfully cold weather. So why is the chica on the left showing off her amazing abs? Damned if I know.

We all have our priorities. At least I know where my hard-earned salary is going, correctamundo?

6 comments:

TortugaRachel said...

At least they're at the library, right?

Haha, who am I kidding!

Krystal said...

hilarious :)

Debbie said...

Oh, that is too funny!

Susie said...

Well, you at least they are "checking" in. No matter how remote:-)

Kim, USA said...

They are sexy and pretty ladies!
Mellow Yellow Monday

Tracy P. said...

Yes. Purple. Hope he got that one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin