Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wastin' Away in Margaritaville

Wastin' Away in Margaritaville

Today, we focus on Mama Kat's Writing Prompt #4:
Share a photo that represents how you see yourself.

I keep threatening to give it all up and move to the beach. Someday, I swear I will. But for now, I'm content to hang out in Room 215 and make the best of things.

In the meantime, I'll just travel the world ~ when time and funds permit ~ in search of that stretch of sandy and sunny perfection.

The OBX has won my heart. Grand Cayman Island's 7-Mile Beach runs a close second. This snap features Ella Numera Dos and her Mamacita. No margaritas were harmed in the capturing of this image. Actually, I think they might have been piƱa coladas.

17 comments:

quilly said...

A Margarita sounds mighty good right now! Wish I was there ...

Elle said...

This is great, as long as margaritas weren't harmed or pina coladas. LOL!

Cheryl said...

This is such a perfect description of the you hiding in Room 215.

Tara R. said...

I know you've tried out our beaches on the Gulf, but I didn't get to hang out with you, swigging margaritas. A shortcoming we need to remedy.

Jessica said...

Hah! Perfect! I wish that were my photo!

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

I don't even need the drink - but what I wouldn't give to be sitting just so right now. What a great picture!!

Susie said...

I am with you. Let's ditch it all and set up a Tiki Hut in the Bahama's:-)

Lucy said...

Now, that is a shot!!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Perfection. I can hardly stand to look! Such beauty hurts the heart. I don't think I'll ever find that beach ... or if I do, I probably won't have time to enjoy it. *sigh*

JustMom420zaks said...

NICE!!!
That looks soooooo relaxing

Krystal said...

margarita's sound good!

Kristy said...

Stop it stop it I hate you! :)

HappyChyck said...

Oh! I wanna go there!

blueviolet said...

Oh seriously...that picture makes me GREEN!

miss jo said...

The beach life is hard to beat. It would be hard for me to choose at which beach to settle. Can't wait to hang w/ you @ Nor Cal beaches !

Julie M. said...

That beach was at the OBX? Holy moly! I need to get myself over there stat! Great picture! I'm so glad you had a nice time.

Allyson said...

When we took this tour in Macon, my entire family was giddy about us living "so close to the beach." Except that it's a 90 minute drive to Savannah and 2 1/2 hours to Hilton Head. So, really you have to spend at least one night to make it all worth it. But I have my own dreams of an ocean-side villa. Preferably, something straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel.

I'm sure the pina coladas gladly gave their lives for such a worthy cause!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin