Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Just Tickled to Be Here!

OBX Rolling Thunder

A few thoughts upon returning to "civilization" from my OBX sojourn:

  • I'm actually excited to be walking back through the door of Room 215 this morning.
  • Don't eat too much spicy, steamed shrimp when you're at the beach...quite difficult to get the Old Bay out from under the ol' fingernails.
  • Today's Tuesday...time to read the latest installment of "...and what happens then..."
  • I actually had enough energy yesterday afternoon to get some grading done, after all. I have to say, though...some of those freshman efforts are torture!
  • I think Ella Numera Dos ~ also known as MOO ~ is a much better photog than I. Witness her Superior Snap, above, of one of the wild horses getting some beach time in at the OBX.
  • Big Blue is a great roadie, considering the trauma I've put her through recently.105,000 miles and counting!
  • We're entering Week 6 of the school year. Does this mean June is right around the corner?
  • I think Mr. Fairway missed me...a teeny-tiny little bit!
  • Leftovers are always better!
  • Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home...

10 comments:

quilly said...

This is a great snap. I know you agree since my feed reader tells me you posted it it 4 times!

Allyson said...

That is true...there is NO place like home! And I'm sure Mr. Fairway missed you...more than a teeny tiny bit. And congrats to MOO on a fantastic action shot. Nothing feels quite as good as getting your mane down in the sand! That's a place that is not easily scratched, y'know! Welcome back! And yes, June is *just around* the corner.

Jeanie said...

That is a great show of the horse. Ella Numero Dos has a talent there.
I'm sure you were missed a lot.

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Getting some grading done!
Good for you!
Amazing photo, Melissa!

Happy Tuesday!

Big hugs!
B xx

Stephanie Faris said...

Shrimp and crab legs...two things I associate with summer vacation at the beach. THAT's the life. Hope you had fun!

Krystal said...

welcome baaackkk, this was a fun/cute post :)

Susie said...

I agree...home sweet home:-)

Grace Matthews said...

That picture is priceless. Your right there is no place like home. Glad you had fun.

Tara R. said...

Moo captured a wonderful, and very superior snap with this frolicking pony.

Jeanie said...

A fine list! And home is so sweet!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin