Monday, August 23, 2010

This Land is Your Land

This Land is Your Land

Greetings from America's Heartland...somewhere along I-80 in Northwestern Ohio. I had a choice of sharing either this peaceful roadside snap or one featuring the hustle and bustle of downtown Chicago on a hot summer's day.

This pastoral landscape, however, really does represent nine-tenths of what Ella Numera Dos and I experienced during our most recent iteration of The Great American Silo Tour...All 888.9 miles of it. Fifteen hours in a Honda Civic, cutting a swath between DC and Northeastern Wisconsin.

We made good time, too. And except for the hour-and-a-half it took us to travel 16 miles through Chi-Town, the trip was rather uneventful. Well, at least the car didn't break down this time in Second City.

I'm between stops here, so just wanted to give y'all a shout-out, and remind you to tune in today to Chapter 4 in our collaborative creation, "And What Happens Then..." Please let me know what you think!

14 comments:

Kristin said...

Uneventful is good right?

Julie M. said...

Have a safe trip back! I think I know the exact stretch of Chicago you're talking about because I've been stuck in it too!

Jeanie said...

It kind of makes me want to take a road trip. I'm glad it has gone well.

HappyChyck said...

I vote for always taking the snaps of something peaceful! Keep in truckin'!

Young Wife said...

Hope you're having fun!

BLOGitse said...

That I call driving!

ps. I started a new "mid week TEXTURE photo meme" on my photo blog. Please join if you're interested/have time (link list open till Thu midnight Casa time)

Susie said...

Love to know that you are headed towards our neck of the woods:-)

Kristy said...

I lived in Iowa for 6 years, and I truly do miss the midwest.

Sarah said...

That's a long drive back all by yourself!

quilly said...

Uneventful is not necessarily boring. Eventful is not necessarily entertaining. I hope you're having a good time.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

That is a fine art photo, Melissa!
Simply beautiful!
Hope you're having fun!
B xx

Florida Girl Meets the Midwest said...

I love a good road trip! Have fun.

Jenny the Pirate said...

That looks like Northwest Ohio as I remember it! HAHAHA ... my husband is from Toledo. Born in Pettisville ... and that's just as small as it sounds! Glad you're enjoying your Midwestern reverie!

Jeanie said...

I'm grinning at this post because we just came back through Wisconsin and I kept taking photos of the gorgeous farms and barns all the way home (well, till Chicago!) Wisconsin is beautiful -- and not a boatload of billboards, either!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin