Friday, August 20, 2010

Take Another Little Piece of My Heart Now, Baby



Take Another Little Piece of My Heart Now, Baby

With apologies to the late, great Janis Joplin, this snap makes me a think that the clouds are gonna gobble up the sun. Plus, there's a cool reflection way out there in the Caribbean Sea. And since I shared a pretty pastel sunset with you on Tuesday, I thought I'd dabble a little more in the avant garde today.

The feeling of being on "Island Time" is rapidly fading, as we grapple with all we have to do. I'm going into work today, to see how Room 215 held up over the summers. It's always to get a head start on jack-assing stuff around, too.

Ella Numera Dos and I are headed out on another Great American Silo Tour early Sunday a.m., on our merry way to the Upper Midwest. She makes this trek twice a year, going to and from college. Then I'll be back home next week and ready for the new school year to begin. Or, not.

My chica has a really cool sunset series over at her place today. You should check it out. Catch you on the rebound!

24 comments:

Mama Lisha said...

Thanks for visiting!

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW ... that's a great shot, Melissa. I love it when the clouds encroach on the sun and there's that burning edge. The gold in this one is spectacular! Happy skywatching, happy Friday, and happy weekend!

Rachel Cotterill said...

That's very striking. Great clouds :)

Julie M. said...

That's a beautiful shot you got! Have a safe trip with your daughter back to school and a great weekend!

Luna Miranda said...

dramatic and surreal.

Sylvia K said...

That cloud does indeed look like it's ready to gobble up something! Really a fun, dramatic capture! Love the reflections on the water and the gold color! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

michael said...

I agree about the cloud. I wonder what a psychologist would read into that interpretation? The reflection on the water is a nice effect.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm from Austin, land of Janice lovers!

Alana, Author of Domestically Challenged said...

Beautiful pic! Want to go to beach now. LOL

Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

And wow, what a beautiful pic. It makes me want to be right THERE.

EG Wow said...

Beautiful, Melissa!

Sarah said...

Are we looking at silver lining?

Kristin said...

Have a safe trip!

Pat said...

It's like pac man eating the sun. Wait, am I dating myself now?

Love the reflection on the water!

Julie said...

Yes, this is a good combination of the two memes. I like the intense reflection right out there ... hangs the image together somehow ...

miss jo said...

Enjoy your Great American Silo Tour....Sure you & Ella will have a good time...Look forward to tales from the road....

lotusleaf said...

LOvely sky shot.

James said...

That is so cool! The cloud looks like a horizontal giant about to dive into the water.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Fascinating shot, Melissa!
Great words too :)

Big hugs,
B xx

P.S.
Missed you!

"Queen" Vic said...

Beeeautiful photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Lucy said...

You get some great shots. I always enjoy your pictures. I had a feeling you were heading back to school soon.

paige said...

Beautiful shot! I love that the clouds look like they are going to swallow the sun. :)

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful and a dramatic looking sky, Melissa! Happy Skywatching.

LadyStyx said...

That's a gorgeous sky shot. I love clicking sunrise/sunset shots and mid-evening winter shots. The sky is simply gorgeous during those times.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin