Sunday, July 11, 2010

Take a Load Off


Take a Load Off


We approached our home base. Lights out, strictly protocol for 11:20 p.m. One small, amber glow peeked from behind the dining room window out front. The kitchen ceiling light, no doubt.

The trip back home carried a special significance, if only because Big Blue was on the road again. We both tingled with the ache for a special place. Two weeks away~even at The OBX~can fray one's last nerve.

We clunked into the house, beach groceries & luggage in tow. Those who had preceded us had pretty much left the detritus of the getaway for Mom to clean up.

A shopworn cliché is best illustrated by this snap acquired by my nephew. Another time, another destination, but the sentiment remains the same.

I think I might need a vacation from my vacation, y'all...

11 comments:

mama-face said...

LOL. great sentiment.

Hope your vacation was fantabulous. I understand the need for a break after a vacation-seems like coming home just means catching up sometimes.

have a great day!

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I anticipate feeling the same when we return home at the end of the month. Only thing is, I am *not* looking forward to even GOING on this working vacation. Ah well... maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hope you had a wonderful time at your beloved OBX!!!

quilly said...

I have company visiting --my sister and two of her grandkids. Every flat surface in my normally tidy house is covered in "stuff". I quit trying to tidy it up. In fact, a slow perusal of the vicinity tells me that some of my stuff has mingled with theirs. Oh dear. I hope it knows to go back where it belongs when they leave!

Jeanie said...

One of the best parts of a vacation is coming home (except for the unpacking). I love the pic.

Sarah said...

It's time to recuperate from your vacation--home sweet home.

Cheryl said...

Welcome home! Sorry you're coming home to chaos. We're trying to do better about leaving the place in some semblance of order before we head out. Without kids it's easier by about 600%. Great snap by the way.

dkzody said...

We are headed back to Fresno today. I am hoping the house sitter did a better job this time of cleaning the litter box each day. That was the major issue I came home to last time. Oh, and something sticky on the carpet, but it cleaned up. How do we find people as picky as ourselves to stay in our homes while we are away?

Susie said...

LOL!! Hope you had a great trip:-)

Tracy P. said...

Love it! Hope your load gets cleaned up fast and you are soon savoring only the happy memories! :-)

Jan said...

Yes, sometimes it takes a while to recuperated from a vacation.

Pamela said...

that is the perfect photo for my collection of "tailgating"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin