Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moon Over Miami?


Moon Over Miami?


Well, if I had a tripod, this would be quite the Superior Snap, but you get the idea, correctamundo? This is moon over North Carolina's Outer Banks. The only thing it has in common with the beaches of our more southern climes is that the ocean continues to pound the sandy dunes & we've landed smack-dab in the middle of some kind of Brown Pelican convention.


Yesterday, during a break in the sunning and shelling action, we had a little rain. Because the beaches were pretty much people-less, the pelicans came out to play, in a big way. At one point I counted close to 100 of these proud birds bobbing in the chilly surf.


I reckon the OBX pelicans invited their Louisiana brethren to summer here. Good idea. My friends down on the Gulf Coast~most notably Tara R. in FLA~say BP certainly has made a mess of things.

15 comments:

Tara R. said...

Ah... thanks for the shout out. I would love for our birds and other wildlife take a vacation at your lovely OBX beaches to escape the nastiness down here.

Your moon snap is definitely a Superior capture.

J Bar said...

Good shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Amy said...

Very nice pic!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

That is beyond beautiful, Melissa!
Have a great 4th of July weekend!
Big hugs!
B xx

Linda said...

It is so rare that we see our moon by day. It IS a great snap. I'm glad that you got this great snap and shared it.

cat said...

Oh the beach - I miss it.

Christina Lee said...

PRETTY!!! Have a nice 4th!

Lizzie said...

What a lovely shot, I always have my camera but never my tripod. It is still awesome. Thanks for coming by "my place" this morning.

Jennifer said...

I was going to say that I hope those are some of the Gulf pelicans getting out of town for safety's sake.

Susie said...

Beautiful!

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

It's a beautiful shot. Live pelicans are reassuring to see with all that mess going on.

Regina said...

Beautiful one!
Happy SWF.

" Regina "

miss jo said...

Those penguins know a thang or two about southern hospitality ! Poor Louisiana pelicans :(

Kristin said...

If only all the creatures affected could escape!

Florida Girl Meets the Midwest said...

I am very sad about the damage to the beautiful gulf and its inhabitants.

Cheers to a gorgeous view.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin