Monday, July 12, 2010

Mini-Me?

Mini-Me

Secured this Superior Snap somewhere near Williamsburg, on our way back from The OBX. No, I did not snag this shot. My SIL did the honors. And yes, that dude & his old lady are hauling a lawn mower~on top of a Mini Cooper.

The image puts me in mind of those lazy summer days in store for me. Because our vacation launched our summer instead of wrapping it up, I've got weeks & weeks of expectations to live up to.

It started the other nite, when said SIL & I were sharing some wine on my back deck.

"So, now that you're back from the beach, what are you going to do with your summer?"

I would have liked to have responded with, "I have no effing clue," but that would be selling myself short. I would have liked to have said that I was going to rent a power-washer & clean the scum off the siding out back, but that would have been a lie.

And as for the basement? I promise myself every year that I'll clean it out & haul lots of crapola to the dump, but I never, ever get started. Don't know why this summer will be any different.

I do have a few school-related projects to tend to, but mostly I just want to take care of myself.

First thing on my agenda this a.m. is a long walk. Then maybe a little work, a couple of errands. And then I'm going to Ye Olde Swimming Hole to see how many laps I can squeeze in.

As for the rest of my summer, I'm sure I'll have enough of the requisite weeding, dishwasher loading & emptying & grocery shopping to fill my days until September rolls around, correctamundo?

15 comments:

Tara R. said...

A blank slate for summer... that could be interesting trying to fill it up. Try to get away from the mundane sometimes, and enjoy these weeks of freedom.

Cheryl said...

Your plans sound a lot like mine.

Ronnica said...

Ha ha...especially since it looks like they usually transport it that way!

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

sounds like my summer plan--stopping by from sits

Allyson said...

Well, my sister and cousin are both teachers and I can tell you that their to-do list is about 382720 miles long on the first day after the school year ends. And then it's about 382719 miles long when the school year starts again. But they always thoroughly enjoy themselves over their summer break. So, take those morning walks, swim in your swimming hole and if there's time, then you can powerwash the deck. The summer is YOURS! Enjoy it. ;)

Susie said...

Say what?

Nance said...

I love the side mirror on that car! What a great detail.

I've been on Summer Vacation for over a month now, and it's been gloriously relaxing. I made sure I planned Absolutely Nothing, and it's going exactly as planned. ;-)

Just enjoy!

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I'm making time for "me" this summer, although running 2 companies means I'm not technically off. Then again, running said companies also means I can take time when I want to, and who will say anything? Zactly. This summer is all about spending time with the kids, hubby, and getting some R&R in. I have to get past our trip east first though... we leave Saturday and I'm not really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised... self-fulfilling prophesies are so "yesterday", non?

Sarah said...

The best part of being a teacher--long summer breaks!

Andrea said...

That snap is very funny! Sounds a lot like my summer. Throw in a birthday party for a seven year old and we'll call it a summer!

Florida Girl Meets the Midwest said...

You'll have plenty of time for all the mundane stuff. I vote for the swimming hole.

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Clean out your basement!!!!

My mom is cleaning her's out right now because she's trying to move. She's found receipts that are 30 years old.

Don't let this happen to you!!!

blueviolet said...

Was he ticked that you took that photo? That is NUTS!

tattytiara said...

Ha! Great shot.

paige said...

All I can say is "Me, too."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin