Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Sign of the Times


A Sign of the Times

I moseyed out to the garage the other afternoon when an epiphany grabbed me, right there between the gardening shears & the toolbox.

I do believe I've been overwhelmed by current circumstances.

With 7 days left at Our Humble High School, I'm still knee-deep in yearbooks. I've taken to cajoling~bordering on bribing~my journalistas to finish "just one more assignment," when all they want to do is go to the pool, hang out & sleep. The Kumbaya Effect has set in around Room 215, big-time.

The fact is, no one wants to be here anymore. We're done. Stick a fork in us, why don'tcha?

I absconded with this little ol' sign at the suggestion of Ella Numera Dos. She bade me break the law after I posted another likeness of this visage a couple of weeks ago. Heck, the poor thing's all bent up & dirty, missing a pole. Looked like it needed a home. Plus, the warning takes on a whole new meaning when the last letter is fortuitously blocked by my bucket of gardening tools.

Add to the mix this surreal take, snapped in the late afternoon with my flash on (blocking out all other light, natural & otherwise). You get the picture, correctamundo?

Just how I feel.

17 comments:

Lucy said...

I knew the second I saw that sign what kind of post was coming. You are almost there and then you need to just shut the world out for a little bit!

blueviolet said...

You're sooooooooo close to summer!!!! Hang in there!

yonca said...

I have been holding my breath for the past couple of weeks and waiting too.

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love this. I think it should be your header for the summer. 7 days, whoopdedoo!

sheila said...

fits nicely I'd say! Almost at the end! Or....the start!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I love it! Just think - only 7 more days! If you blink a lot, maybe it'll pass by more quickly... ;)

WW: The Games We Play

Sarah said...

I remember that sign. Should mail that to Lindsy Lohan.

Susie said...

I hear ya...we were so ready to be done and now, we are smack dab in the middle of summer:-)

angie said...

I totally get it.

Definitely a sign of the times.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Yeah I got the picture! You're almost there. Melissa!
Big hugs!
Betty

Tara R. said...

Love those sort of serendipitous snaps. Almost there... deep, cleansing breath.

paige said...

Very clever. I love it.

colleen said...

Get thee to a beach! And like you said, if you see a BP exec there, spit on him for me.

Tracie said...

I can't believe you guys are still in school! Hang in there!

I'm taking a little media break for a week or two myself. Just not feeling it right now.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Summer is coming. Hang in there. Love the sign pic.

Christy (Columbia Lily) said...

i may have actually said the words, "for the love of God do something already" to my sophomores today. 4 days left. SIGH.

Neha J said...

OSA Online School Admissions an online directory for indain school where you can find any School in India. You can fill admissions form online for your child admission.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin