Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OMG!

OMG!

I guess you can tell I'm excited. Both of my chicas are coming home this week. And who cares about yearbook memories when you can have the real live thing, correctamundo?

An English Department colleague had a baby girl a couple of weeks ago. I visited yesterday, thinking she needed company. I'd also whipped her up a little something special, in honor of the occasion~Aunt Julie's Blueberry Pie, because, well, nobody can doubt the Power of Pie.

Baby Girl Sophie, natch, is the prettiest little thing. Put me in mind of my gals when they were wee ones. And of course, I just had to take a trip down memory lane when I returned home.

The snap above is the result of my recent journey. I'd say Ella Numera Una is close to 4 years old, and Ella Numera Dos just a little slip of a girl. Not quite a year old. Now, I haven't put pixes in scrapbooks since this shot, so I have no way of knowing exact dates.

Baby Sophie made me think I'd like to do this motherhood janx all over again. But only if I could get a couple of gals as great as the ones I already have.

21 comments:

quilly said...

I love that pic! "Mom! She's trying to eat me!"

Andrea said...

What a great picture! Sweet memories.

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Have fun with your girls! I haven't spent time with mine since August...I think I need a booster shot of daughters!

ScoMan said...

That picture is so cute.

Have fun with the little ones.

Cheryl said...

The kids are so adorable in that photo.

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

Such an adorable photo! Forced kisses are always a perfect photo op.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Sweetie, the urge will go away, and you must truly fight it. At our age, the very best thing about babies is that we get to hand them back to their mothers when we've had our fill of cuddling!

That picture is fabulous! I love it!

Congrats to your friend and her new baby girl, and enjoy your time with your own girls!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Babies always do that to me too. But I slap myself silly until the notion goes away, lol!!

Jeanie said...

That pic is for sure a keeper. Enjoy having them home...I'm sure their visit will give you some fun things to write about.

Mighty M said...

Such a sweet post. Enjoy your time with your girls. :)

carma said...

awwwww...that is so sweet to say about your girls. Hope they get a chance to read it and see the pic. Awesome that they get along so well, too.

lisaschaos said...

I hope you have a great time and get tons of great family moments captured to reflect on for when they go away again. The expression on your youngest is just adorable!

Sarah said...

The look on ella numera dos is priceless!

Kristin said...

You are such a fabulous mama. And your girls were and still are I'm sure adorable!

Jingle said...

sweet love,
cute faces.

Tara R. said...

I love the WTH expression on Ella Numera Dos' face. My College kid is coming home in two weeks. Can. not. wait! Enjoy your visit.

blueviolet said...

You'll have both of them? That's fantastic!

Susie said...

Don't you love it when they come home?

Regina said...

So cute! wonderful.

Tracie said...

Cute picture! Enjoy your time with them and your summer break!

Vodka Logic said...

How adorable

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin