Monday, June 28, 2010

Crash Course

Unfortunately, when I should be out enjoying this today...

OBX Toes

I'll be traveling inland to deal with this...

Crash Course

Had a mishap of the automobile variety on my way to The OBX Friday afternoon. In heavy Interstate traffic near Williamsburg, the old lady in the Honda CRV in front of me slammed on her brakes. And I, natch, slammed into her. I was traveling at a safe distance, I promise! But poor Big Blue.

Fortunately, I've never been responsible for a wreck, so looks like the insurance folks are going to cover all but the deductible, and throw in a rent car, too. Now, here's hoping that the little shop I'm visiting with my '02 Camry this morning is close enough to the Big City to get the requisite parts. Looks like we're talking bumper, headlight, hood and front left fender.

The good news, however, is that I've enjoyed surf & sand all weekend. Hot as hell, but it's not Our Humble High School!

18 comments:

Regina said...

Great post and captures.
Have a lovely week ahead.

" Regina "

Susie said...

That's a bummer!

blueviolet said...

That's not how you should start your summer vacation!

Rosidah Abidin said...

I'm sorry to read about the car, but thank goodness you are alright. The sand and beach look very inviting. Have a wonderful week ahead ^_^

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh no!! I hope it gets fixed quickly and you have a lovely summer! Think of me while you're relaxing, lol!

Steph S. said...

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry about the car - good luck getting everything fixed :) Have a wonderful time with your feet in the sand! I'm jealous!

Jeanie said...

Too bad about the car, but I guess, as they say, all's well that ends well and ending with your feet on a beach is a good ending.

Nance said...

Why must we always have to EARN IT? Sorry about the mishap. It will make the rest of votre vacance seem all the more sweet.

Heavy Sigh.

Sarah said...

Good thing nobody was hurt!

Andrea said...

Poor blue. Hope you can hurry back to the sand!

Tracy P. said...

BOO! Sorry to see that, but glad your insurance co. is coming through for you. Glad you weren't hurt so you can get back to the beach sans neck brace or crutches. Love the beach photo.

Tara R. said...

So sorry about Big Blue, I hope you can get the replacement part quickly and recover time is minimal.

OBX is looking as pretty as usual. I hope you are enjoying your beach time.

Cheryl said...

Ouch! I hate when this crap happens. It seems so small at the time then the parts lists gets really long. Good luck getting Old Blue back with all her new pieces and parts.

quilly said...

I am glad you are safe! Now, get back out there but watch out for the little old ladies!

You are writing, aren't you?

Lucy said...

Now, that is a bummer!

The Blonde Duck said...

That stinks! I hope you have a good week!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Glad that nobody was hurt!
Great shots, Melissa!!
B xx

dkzody said...

My car spent the first week of summer in the hospital too. I backed into a fence in the parking lot at school. oNly did $250 damage to the fence, but $1250 to the Subaru's bumper. Thank God for insurance.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin