Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Army Strong

Right On!

This Rolling Thunder participant has a whole lot to be happy about. She was able to be part of history on Sunday afternoon; she made a statement to her fellow Americans~and to the world~about bringing home our POWs & MIAs. And, hey...she got to ride across the Potomac River on a Hog.

How sweet is that?

Just as sweet is my friend Jeannie, who is an Army wife & a heckuva happy blogger. Probably why she calls her special place on the Internet Jeannie's Happy World. And she started bestowing a very special award this past weekend.

Jeannie's Happiness Award is just that. "This special award will be given to bloggers who truly have happiness in their hearts and pass that on to everyone they meet, and everywhere they go," Jeannie says in her inaugural award post. "They know that happiness is a choice, and always choose wisely. Always looking on the sunny side of life, and keeping their sense of humor, these bloggers are a joy to read!!! So the Queen Bee says to BEE HAPPY!!!"

Well, the Queen Bee selected 5 initial awardees & guess who was included? All I can say right now, besides "Thanks!" is that your happiness has rained down at just the right time, Jeannie.

'tis the End of the School Year & all that entails. Yearbooks come in today, the Senior Awards Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday & I have 56 personal essays due from my AP cherubs at the end of the week. Oh, for joy!

Thanks, Jeannie! I hereby pass this award along to 5 fellow bloggers, who often give my funny bone a tickle:

Tara R., If Mom Says OK

Tracy P., The Journey

Tracie, Stir-Fry Awesomeness

Allyson, Magnolias & Mimosas

Alicia, It Ain't Easy Being Cheesy

Enjoy, y'all & remember: The glass is always half-full, correctamundo?

Thunder Rolls

10 comments:

quilly said...

My glass is never less than half full, but often it overflows!

ScoMan said...

Congrats on the award.

I follow some of the people you passed it on to, they're deserving winners.

Cheryl said...

My heart overfloweth with joy at you being a recipient of this award. 22 days and counting!

Tracy P. said...

Aw, that makes my day, Melissa! Thank you! I will go pay Jeannie a visit right now. Hope things go great for you and the cherubs--and may their essays be inspiring or at least entertaining!

Allyson said...

Oh YAY! I consider you to be the ultimate authority on the English language, so to have you bestow an award on me makes me all giggly with excitement! Thank you for reading and thank you for riding. The POW/MIA's are not forgotten and anytime someone rides or writes or sings or paints in their honor, it brings attention to the situation. I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. I DO love to have a hog between my legs! ;)

Tracie said...

Congrats on your award! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

blueviolet said...

Congratulations!!! You deserve it!

Susie said...

Congratulations:-)

Tara R. said...

Love the Superior Snap, she does look happy!

Congrats on the much deserved award. I am thrilled you passed it to me. Thank you so much.

miss jo said...

Fabulous fotos...They make me happy !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin