Saturday, May 29, 2010

'tis the Season to be Jolly...



Prom Proposal


The view from Room 215 a couple of weeks ago. It's Prom Season at Our Humble High School, y'all, so the guys are trying to "out-cute" each other on the "asking" janx.


I collaborated on this "Prom-posal," 'cause the Julie in question is in my 6th-period class. The young man wanted to chalk the invite in the parking lot below my classroom, so my assignment was to keep the young lady away from the windows.


Took the poor guy and his friends about an hour to craft this masterpiece. But the whole effort must have been worthwhile, 'cause she said "yes." Chalk one up for creativity...

20 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Now what girl wouldn't love to be on the receiving end of all that cuteness? So fun! :-)

Tortuga said...

That's actually really cute!

Rachel Cotterill said...

That's incredible creativity. We just didn't have romantic guys at my school... well, certainly nothing like that! Adorable.

Cheryl said...

I could just hug that kid. Julie would have been nuts to say no.

Lucy said...

Wow, what a way to get asked to the dance!!!

Nora Johnson said...

How flattering! So original!

x LOLA:)

Jeanie said...

I love that his friends helped him and that he even enlisted your help. What a lucky girl.

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

Now, that's a pretty cool and original way to ask someone to prom!

Sarah said...

that's so cute. i'd bet the other girls are green with envy.

croleyc69 said...

That's so cool !!
Have a great holiday weekend !!

caroline

studio lolo said...

Now that is very cool!!

I've never been to a prom. Do you thing 57 is too old? ;P

Susie said...

That's awesome:-)

Tracie said...

I could use a little of that wooing around here.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend!

quilly said...

What a fun, romantic guy! Of course she said, yes!

ScoMan said...

I love that it's almost like text speak.

"Julie - Prom?"

But then to write "Julie Surname, would you do me the honour of accompanying me to the upcoming School Prom on *date*?"

It would have taken more time and more chalk.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

So sweet! Glad she said yes :)

Jingle said...

wow,
cool result!

Ronnica said...

Cute! I don't remember anyone doing anything creative when I was in high school.

miss jo said...

What beautiful prom invitation...I kinda like this high school janx...Fab foto too !

Rosidah Abidin said...

Very creative Prom-posal! I'm happy that it worked out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin