Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mea Culpa=My Bad

Dear Mrs. Scribe:
I have thought today about how I violated your trust. What I did today was wrong. I had the goofy out of control side of my character today. I was all pumped up and ready to get to the four-day break, but that is no excuse.

Aside from today's incident, I realized today that I have made things difficult for you during this past semester with my sporatic lazy, unmotivated, idiotic behavior. I was embarassed today when my parents opened that Email and read the line about me being a "good student." I have not been a good student at all this year.

I have just over [a month, at the time of this posting; his transgression was in January] to go until graduation. I will not leave you and the underclassmen on the staff with this impression. I am recommiting myself to the newspaper. I give you a garauntee that I will give a 100% full effort every remaining class this year. I will be your best cherub.

Have a Good Weekend =),
Stupid Senior Boy

Editor's Note: Since penning this missive, Stupid Senior Boy has gotten worse, not better. And his spelling hasn't become any better, either. Wish him the best of luck, but can't wait 'til he adioses Room 215.

16 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh, the note that he thinks will keep you happy and then no delivery, kids.
Question? Was this kid always on the ornary side and senior year made it worse or did senior year just bring out the worse in this kid???

mama-face said...

Are you allowed to tell what happened in January?

Senior Year is so difficult; for both teacher and student. I know you know this. Though I'm not excusing his behavior; kind of surprised about the note. :)

cat said...

LOL! Oh gosh, I really would not be able to do what you do.

Tracy P. said...

garauntee=guarantee with a French accent, oui?

Well, I at least give Mom and Dad credit for making him try to make amends. He at least was honest with himself and you for a moment in time. Hopefully the moment will revisit him when the stakes are higher.

Been a tough year for you Mrs. Scribe! Hang in there.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Has a bit of Eddie Haskell in him, methinks. Pffft. There's always one, isn't there??

You can't save 'em all - especially if they won't let you.

Have a wonderful day :)

Susie said...

Sounds like writing isn't his thing?

Ronnica said...

Kudos for the note, but it doesn't mean much without the follow through, does it?

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You are a brave and unique soul! I couldn't do what you do, I'd have been in jail long long ago!

Hang in there. It's almost over? Must be heartbreaking though. Was he a good before or always a little cheeky, oh, and not bright??

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Rachel Cotterill said...

Oh dear....

The Blonde Duck said...

Poor, stupid senior.

blueviolet said...

I guess all we can be thankful for is that he WILL graduate and LEAVE!

Christy (Columbia Lily) said...

ah...those special, misguided children who think they are funny, and who just.....AREN'T.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like "goofy and out of control" may BE his character. At least I don't think he qualifies as "cherub". Good luck to you as the finish line comes into sight.

Sarah said...

he was just getting ready to be a man. all promises and no action.

Cheryl said...

Eddie Haskell! Good grief woman, how do you manage?

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

A great patience is needed. I happen to know.
B xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin