Thursday, May 20, 2010

Extreme Makeover

Room 215

I wasn't sure how this was all gonna turn out, but I have to say I'm pretty pleased with my first foray into online cartooning. OK, I'll admit it~this strip won't quite tickle your funny bone unless you "get" what's going on in the Life & Times of Mrs. Scribe, but so be it.

Without the relentless pummeling of standardized end-of-year tests, the lure of Ye Olde Swimming Hole & the irritatingly consistent "Kumbaya Effect," so notorious around Our Humble High School during the month of May, none of this would have been possible, correctamundo?

I'd like to thank Mama Kat for inspiring me on this sunny Thursday. Without the siren song of her weekly Writer's Workshop, I wouldn't have struggled so mightily to conjur up this comic strip. And even if I don't elicit a good giggle out of y'all, I get an "A" for effort, don't I?

Oh & muchisimas gracias to stripcreator for putting together this masterpiece for me. My words, his graphics. That's the only way something like this would work in my decidedly non-artistic world...

11 comments:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Comic strips are not easy to do--you definitely get an A for effort! At least I could read it.

myorii said...

I agree with Karen, comic strips are definitely not easy to make. I think yours came out great :) I never kept up with your blog so the punchline escapes me...so I guess I better get reading :)

Shanda said...

Your comic strip is great!

I wrote the other day about my frustration, as a parent, with all the end of year school projects. My kids are so unmotivated right now. They're just ready to be done! I imagine you are too!

Jennifer said...

Well even though I don't really understand what is going on I still think it looks really great. You did an awesome job.

Charlene said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's

Your comic strip is so great. I love your drawings!!! I think I get the punch line but the fact that I only "think" I get it probablly means I don't really get it. Oh well. Love your drawings.

Arti said...

it was great..keep doing..a great effort!!nice drawings

Jeanette said...

Both the comic strip and your commentary afterward made me laugh. Good job!

Stephanie Faris said...

SO cool. I love it!

Christy (Columbia Lily) said...

this is awesome! Good for you! And I totally agree that the end of the year malaise that seems to strike large numbers of my students with severe cases of intense laziness is quite contagious. SIGH.

Mama Kat said...

I love it!! So creative and it IS funny! Home run!

HappyChyck said...

I like it, and I can relate! Er, only make mine middle school instead of high school!

Looking forward to more comics!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin