Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hip-Hop Dreams

Bunny Snuggles

A couple of weeks ago, I let my dear readers in on a Facebook conversation, involving a certain young lady & her thoughts on acquiring a bunny. At the time, I opined that the bunny was a mere pipe dream masquerading as a nightmare. I quickly put the scenario of our little kitty cat doing the Cell Block Tango with Peter Rabbit right out of my pretty lil' ol' head.

Well, I'm here to tell you that hip-hop dreams do come true.

Meet Tofu. I'm told she's a dwarf rabbit, perhaps of the Netherland Dwarf breed. Not 100 percent for certain, though. Ella Numera Dos adopted this little bit o' fluff at the pound, so she's not quite certain of the critter's lineage.

The chica reports that Tofu is a good roomie & is enjoying dorm life immensely. She doesn't make any noise, but loves to snuggle. Ella & Co. took Tofu out on the college quad the other day for some air; she hopped around, sniffed the Spring-like breezes & made lots of fast acquaintances.

She's also spent some time on the computer, honing her skills. She's apparently finding oodles of friends on Facebook, too.

I think Dos should institute some parental controls. Some folks just need guidance when it comes to social networking, ya know?


Hip-Hop on Facebook

24 comments:

angie said...

Apparently FACEBOOK is VERY compelling. :)

Help! Mama Remote... said...

Lol. HIp Hop rabbit. Think he needs to check out Myspace too.

Cheryl said...

Great shot! That bunny reminds me of some people I know. Of course I wasn't referring to myself. No way.

Sarah said...

a black tofu? now that's just wrong. but she's adorable!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I KNEW she'd get that bunny, lol! Very sweet....(because I can't smell her!)

Mighty M said...

Oh, friend me, friend me! :)

Susie said...

That's hilarious!!

carma said...

what a precious bunny..are you certain it is of the dwarf variety and will not morph into that huge bunny that was on the Today show the other day ;-)

yonca said...

Haha..That is hilarious! I'll send him a friend request on FB ;-)

Tara R. said...

Tofu is adorable. I keep going back to my College Kid's early dorm days and a roommate who wanted a bunny too. Good luck to Ella Numera Dos and her new bundle of fur.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Love that bunny! Looks frightened.
Amazing shots!
B xx

The Blonde Duck said...

I've always wanted a bunny.

Nance said...

My first bunny was black, too, but a black satin. Her name was Shiloh. Loved that bunny! And she got along very, very well with our dog. Bunnies can be very compatible. Send me some cute pix of Tofu every now and again; might make my sidebar at the Dept.!

quilly said...

What a cutie.

Pepper and Tofu don't mix ... except in Asian cooking.

Tracy P. said...

I'd be her friend. ;-)

Jenny said...

That's one hoppin' dorm room...

That picture looks like something you would see on an e-mail of cute animal pics. Too funny!

Christy (Columbia Lily) said...

aw!!! he's so cute! and I bet he doesn't barf on the floor like my cat does. Stupid cat.

Ronnica said...

That's ALMOST a pet that I could handle having. At least it's not something I find creepy! (My issues with animals go WAY back)

Jeanie said...

Tofu is a cutie and looks very adventurous. My daughter had a ferret in her dorm room when she was in college...until the dorm people found out she had it.

paige said...

OMG. So cute. Bunny checking facebook. I love it!

Melissa @ Cellulite Investigation said...

What a great idea to have a pet bunny at college! I really missed having my dog around to cuddle with when I left home.

Tracie said...

Does he have a Twitter account yet?

miss jo said...

I think Tofu is an excellent addition...I hear she enjoyed her Easter break and is getting an A in her Beatrix Potter seminar....I also think Ella Dos is onto something--- are students with a furry study companion more focused ? In the East Bay there's a library where companion dogs are trained to listen to kids reading to them. Reading comprehension--- human and dog-- has gone way up :)

Nishant said...

Great shot!
indian classified site

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin