Sunday, May 2, 2010

Extra Credit Opportunity


The Buried Prom

The three favorite words in my cherubs' lexicon are "Extra Credit Opportunity." Always looking for that ECO to balance out the test they bombed, or that homework that, well, the dog might have consumed.

So today, Scribe Fans, I've got an Extra Credit Opportunity for y'all.

I've been buried all weekend in AP Lang papers & pulling out my cute curls trying to put together staffs for both next year's newspaper & yearbook. So I thought I'd have y'all do a little work & earn some points for the 2 journalistas pictured above.

Most of you've heard about MTV's new reality show, "The Buried Life," correctamundo? Well, just in case you haven't, it captures the lives of 4 cute 20-somethings~Duncan, Ben, Dave & Jonnie~as they travel around North America, checking off experiences from the list of "100 things to do before they die."

To get to the point of this post, the boys from "TBL" apparently have a high school prom on their bucket list, & Ryan Seacrest is running a contest to see who wants to take these 4 guys as dates this Spring.

Our Humble High School, natch, throws a heckuva prom every year. So this is where our two lovelies come in. They've been Tweeting up a storm to get the attention of these "Buried Life" boys. And they could use your help.

All you have to do is get your Twitter on. Please "follow" Anjaa18 and Ameli000. Then, re-tweet all the "Buried Life" prom invitations that come your way.

That's all there is too it, y'all. No fuss, no muss. Contest ends Monday, so please...be Tweet!

Prom?

14 comments:

cheesecakepoi said...

Nice photos. I hope that they'll win. I love the photos you posted, thanks for sharing.

I also joined Mellow yellow today and my post is here.

Have a nice week ahead.

Shell said...

I'm following them and will RT!

MellowYellowMonday said...

Cool photo - love the balloons :)

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I would RT, but I have a total of 6 followers, and they're not even active ones. IOW, pointless tweeting!

Aren't they the cutest! Great pictures!! I really hope they win.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Hoping that they will be the winners!
Love the photo up there!Cute!
Wishing you a great week!
B xx

faerwillow said...

~what fun...if i tweeted i would definitely be tweeting my heart out for them but since i don't i will be sending my tweets through good luck wishes and vibes!! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Tara R. said...

I hope Anjaa18 and Ameli000 can win the contest. How fun would that be?

Manang Kim said...

Wow that is so cute!!

MYM~Forsythia
MacroMonday~Teacup
BlueMonday~Blue socks

Susie said...

How fun!!

quilly said...

What creative girls. I hope they succeed. I'm tempted to help but my plate is already too full!

The Blonde Duck said...

Prom! I got it!

Life with Kaishon said...

I don't really understand twitter but I sure will try to do what you just said! How creative is that word sign they made : ) Awesome.

Kristin said...

I can get behind that. Those boys are cutie patooties!

miss jo said...

Righto....@MissJoSF will get right on it....Good luck girls !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin