Monday, April 12, 2010

What's Your Facebook Status?

What's Your Facebook Status?

The following is the totality, to date, of an online convo I've been carrying on, both directly & indirectly, with The Youngest. Others joined in as the dialogue progressed. My big question is, "Does this cat look like a bunny-killer to you?"

Ella Numera Dos: What would you say if I came home with a little bunny???

Ella Numera Una (before The Madre could weigh in): Pepper would eat it. :(

Dos: She actually wouldn't and the bunny would be in a little cage and let out only when one is there to supervise.

Melissa B.: Nillis, Willis...Daddy wants to know if you've ever seen rabbit turds? They (both the turds AND the bunnies) smell pretty bad, too...:(

Una: I also think you give Pepper less credit than she deserves.

Melissa B.: If the cat can catch flies in her claws and pop them in her mouth, just think what she'd do with a bunny rabbit...

Melissa B.: Plus, who's gonna clean up the bunny guts?

Dos: It will all be fine.

Melissa B.: No it won't, if you bring a bunny home, no matter HOW little it is...

Dos: What are you gonna do??? I get yelled at for getting tattoos and I get yelled at for getting a pet...deal.

Melissa B.: (surprised by this sudden change in tone): Not a single persona has yelled at you for getting inked.

Melissa B.: Why are we debating the acquisition of a pet on FB? If you've just acquired the thing, tell me how it smells in a week...

Melissa B. (updating FB status): A single bunny will poop over a billion times throughout its life.

Caitlin (a former student): How does that compare to people?

Melissa B.: Well, if you live to be 85, and you go only once a day, that's 31,025. Bunnies live to be an average 10 years old (Thank you, Google). The math is scary! I think I need to abandon this line of inquiry...

Joann (another former student): Wow...is this a comment on human health? There needs to be a PSA: "Sometimes when I'm irregular, I don't feel like myself. However, there is a solution, and it changed my life. If you're irregular, then be a like a bunny."

Joann (Obviously influenced by NBC's 20-year campaign): Then, "The more you know," with shooting stars appear.

Melissa B.: Remind me to tell you Miss Jo's gerbil story.

Miss Jo: I was wondering when the gerbils that my cat ate in the 8th grade would enter the bunny conversation. Okay, I should have put a rock or something heavy on the shoebox lid to keep prying paws off.

Who knew Facebook could be so entertaining? I really need to get to the bottom (hahahaha! Get it?) of this bunny biz.

21 comments:

singedwingangel said...

roflmbo.. I have a bunny a fat bunny OUTSIDE lol cause inside is not an option. BUt in the bunny's defense their poop is one of he richest fertilizer you can use for gardens and flowers..

Sarah said...

well for the fertilizer sake get the bunny...

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm one of those strange birds that does NOT text or face book. I think it's a verb now.......

Bunnies smell wicked bad. And bite. But make great cat food.

Just sayin.

And snuggle closer please! I'm freezin.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

No, that sweet cat definitely does not look like a bunny killer.

Amy said...

Bunnies are mean asskickers. It'll take that cat down.

Tortuga said...

*facepalm*

Haha! Sounds a lot like some of the convos I have on FB!

blueviolet said...

I don't think I've ever even updated my facebook status once.

Tracy P. said...

Those unexpected fb threads are so entertaining! I think you have a bunny headed your way. If Pepper turns out to be a good predator, send him my way to live in my garden, please.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

This happens to me on FB all the time, esp. with my teen. :)

I would never have a bunny... we had guinea pigs when the Teen was small, and they were bad enough. NEVER NEVER NEVER again! Useless, expensive, high maintenance pets.

Just my 2¢ ;)

Tara R. said...

My college kid's first dorm roommate wanted to get a rabbit to keep in their room. The Kid said no, the debate got ugly. There was no dorm rabbit... smell and turds factored in that final decision too.

The Blonde Duck said...

I always wanted a grey bunny.

Jeanie said...

I love the FB convo. We used to have bunnies and they lived in the house with a dog and cat and used a litter box. Yes, really! The cat and bunny used to chase each other around. Strangely, the same dog once killed a friends bunny, but it was a very mean attack bunny.

Susie said...

Too funny!

Ruthibelle said...

lol... well, madam, get to the bottom of it! :)

cat said...

She'll stil eat it though. But got to love these FB conversations.

shelley said...

i haven't popped over in a while to say "hi" and see how things in your part of blogasphere are going so "what's up?" thanks for my morning laugh!
shelley :)

Mighty M said...

I must have poop on the brain because I read that last comment and thought it said "pooped" not "popped". :) Too funny. Have you ever checked out Lamebook.com? They post the most ridiculous things people have on their FB accounts. It can make for some funny reads too.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

FB conversations are great!
love it!
Betty xx

bubbleboo said...

hahahahaha!! I love the way things just go off at a completely different tangent from the original intention! Fantastic!

yonca said...

That's funny.Lol, the kitten looks so cute and doesn't look like a bunny killer to me:)

miss jo said...

Well done Ms. Scribe !....Have you been able to ascertain if Ella Dos is already co-habitating with a bunny ?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin