Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thunder Rolls


Thunder Rolls

Today's Superior Snap features my nephew, Shark Boy. Y'all who've been around the blogosphere for awhile might remember SB from the Veggie Mom days. I miss ol' Veggie, don't you?

There's a point to this missive, I promise...I mean, besides the purty picture & all. Oh, yes. Your Humble Scribe is approaching that all-so-critical confluence of mid-4th-quarter & reality check, which means both some good and~well, hellllllll, yes~some bad news, too.

First, the good news. Only 7 weeks left with the seniors; until they start exams, that is. They're getting antsy, I'm getting antsy, the whole bunch of us are scratchin' like a warped Bon Jovi LP. Sorry for the '80s allusion, but I was thinking of a few '60s similes, as well, so consider yourself spared.

Secondly, I can see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. We have 4 issues of the school newspaper left (we come out every 2 weeks~I know, what was I thinking?). Plenty of room for a Sexy Soccer Saga & booze-soaked BBQs, but not enough time for my journalistas to get in any real trouble, eh?

Plus, there's the yearbook to focus upon. But I'ma thinkin' about pulling a Scarlett O'Hara on that one. I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.

Bad News Bears, though, on the AP English front. My cherubs are supposed to know just a little bit about this world we live in in order to pass the AP English Exam (can you say 13 days? Woo-Hoo~I knew I could get some good news out of this!). That being said, most of them know nada. Nunca. Zilch.

It's as if health care, the economy, and even that cute little ol' volcanic vomit over in Iceland never happened. And I ask you, people: How can one scribble a convincing persuasive essay about the state of the world without knowing a tad about this planet that just keeps turning?

Perhaps I should develop a current events app for Facebook. Any thoughts?

20 comments:

Susie said...

That would be good:-)

J Bar said...

Cool shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Tara R. said...

Looks like she's trying to out run the storm. Very cool shot!

Lucy said...

I feel for you!! My daughter is a senior and she is AP Literature and a bunch of the kids passed AP English (which she passed too) and they have found out colleges only take one for the most part, so guess what?? They are giving the teacher crap because they no longer care and they were getting mad at the teacher because she was giving practice AP tests for a grade in the class and they are not doing well and now they are arguing with her that they SHE is hurting THEIR grade. She said, "you took the class, whether you are taking the AP exam or not you still must do the work for this class for a grade to graduate, deal with it." I like her!!!!
Sorry for the long ramble but kids, they drive me nuts sometimes (lol)

Sarah said...

i thought they just did?

MaryRC said...

dont blame you for counting the days. im ready for the school year to end.

miss jo said...

I think you're onto something---Making current events relevant in this tippy tappy age....A superior shark boy snap....Should someone start a Veggie Mom Come Back petition on Facebook ?

Help! Mama Remote... said...

That pic is awesome. Sorry can't answer your question. My daughter stuck her Geometry homework in my face today and said, "Look i finished my homework in class today, it was easy!" The sad part is she was being sarcastic. She knew I knew nothing.lol

Hilda said...

Didn't stop him, did it? ;)
Fantastic dark sky and great action shot!

Alicia said...

cool photo!! makes me want to go wake boarding! and lady, i can't believe its almost summer!!! SO CRAZY!

Kcalpesh said...

Wow! Great adventure sports :-)

Pixellicious Photos

Melissa @ Cellulite Investigation said...

Melissa, I didn't know you in your Veggie Mom days and I'm trying to figure out what that means. I clicked over to the link, but I don't get it. Still working on that one...

Oh great, now I'm hungry. I feel a trip to the local produce stand in my near future. I love that place!

JennyMac said...

Love that pic!

Jeanie said...

I think the current events page on FB may be the key, but it sounds like you have so much going on that there is no time to set that up. Good luck on getting through it all and I won't even mention the yearbook here.

Ronnica said...

I don't pay as much attention to current events as I should, but I know at least a LITTLE!

JamericanSpice said...

Pretty cool shot! And I love keeping up with current events, It's just good to be in the know about our constantly changing world.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow, great shot! I couldn't help but think, too bad there wasn't a rainbow in the background. (I don't know where that came from! LOL!)

Nance said...

It's shocking how little my students know about anything that doesn't come across their cellphone screens or MyTwitFace. More than half my kids don't even know why Ben Roethlisberger is in the news or that there even WAS a volcanic eruption in Iceland. And I am afraid to even ask them who Joe Biden is. Seriously. They'd have NO IDEA. It's horrid.

Kristin said...

Actually...that's a pretty freaking smart idea!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Aren't they on Twitter? That's where I get my news fix! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin