Thursday, April 22, 2010

Don't Forget to Stop and Smell the Roses...

Stop and Smell the Roses

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose
Loveliness extreme.
Extra gaiters,
Loveliness extreme.
Sweetest ice-cream.
Gertrude Stein, Sacred Emily

A Rose is a rose
A Nose is a nose
A Toes is a toes
Betty Comden, Singin' in the Rain

So, don't forget to stop and smell the roses.
Walter Hagen, professional golfer

A Rose by Any Other Name


Betty said...

What pretty roses!Love them!
B xx

Vodka Logic said...

Lovely pictures.. I have always liked that passage from Shakespeare.xx

Cheryl said...

Happy anniversary flowers? Lovely.

Hootin' Anni said...

So, so pretty...the color takes my breath away. And below, your post below this...loved the Haiku. Wonderful Wednesday entry.

I'm trying to catch up on my wonderful visitors from Wednesday. I thank you for dropping by and leaving such a kind comment. It's always so much appreciated.

Thanks, and do come again sometime soon.

Hope your day has been treating you well so far!!

parentingBYdummies said...

Nice shots! I'm not a huge rose fan myself, and it seems smelling anything with leaves these days leads to an allergy induce day from H-E-double hockey sticks. But, I sure do enjoy looking at them and am hopeful that my brown thumbs don't kill off every bloom in our yard by summer!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Yellow roses are my favorites (along with daisies), so bravo to Mr. Man!!!

paige said...

Those are beautiful! Nice photo.

Christina Lee said...

OOOh love hearing the Shakespeare one!

Mama Zen said...


Susie said...

Gorgeous post! Perfect for Earth Day:-)

blueviolet said...

That made me smile!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oooh such pretty roses!

faerwillow said...

~who could resist the sweet intoxicating scent of a sweet is the heart of your l♥ve!! beautiful roses you were given...such a gorgeous shade...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Yellow roses are my fave, and I always get them for my anniversary too :)

I knew every word to the Romeo and Juliet passage... *sigh*

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Yellow roses are the prettiest!

Ronnica said...

Beautiful roses!

The Blonde Duck said...

For your anniversary, right? :) Good husband!

knit1kids4 said...

That first picture is amazing!

amy said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. Flowers definitely bring happiness.

Tracy P. said...

Great job, Mr. Fairway! I see you got a golfer quote in. That's real love, Melissa. ;-)

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I have some yellow roses on my desk at work that I got for Secretary's Day--they're beautiful and smell good too!

I used this Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop promt too.

miss jo said...

Ah hah, of course, yellow roses for you anniversary...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND SAN JACINTO DAY !

Tiffany said...


JamericanSpice said...

This is a great reminder and such beautiful roses!

Veronica said...

That first picture is amazing!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin