Monday, March 1, 2010

There's a New Sheriff in Town

Howdy, Pardner!

Mrs. Scribe's 2nd Blogoversary Throwdown continues today.
Click here to win a $50 Target Gift Card!

Well, I was lookin' for a Western-type cliché to go with this Superior Snap, shot in our backyard when I was about 3 or there-abouts. Hence, the title of my 2nd Blogoversary Post.

Time flies when we're having fun, don't it? At the risk of sounding a little too self-important, I had no idea where I was going when I started this blogging janx, but I ended up here. And so, 694 posts & 2 years later, here I am, still hanging on.

I'm not as prolific as I once was (one post a day for most of my first year!) & happenings at Our Humble High School sometimes prevent me from visiting y'all as much as I'd like, but please give me props for showing up. On time, most days, too!

As I mentioned over the weekend, statistics show that 60 percent of all new blogs bite the proverbial dust after 3 months. So, if nothing else, consider yours truly a survivor.

And as such, I want to keep on keepin' on. We've had one great giveaway in the last couple of days & one more is still underway. You have until 11:59 EST tonite to win a $50 Target Gift Card. So, please, check it out!

In honor of the occasion, I've decided not to make any grand pronouncements today. I'll just get to the good stuff. Most of y'all who've hung around here any length of time know me as the Superior Scribbler. And there's an award of the same name. I like to pass the Superior Scribbler Award along when I'm feeling festive. So, here goes!

First off, The Superior Scribbler Award is dedicated to those of y'all out there who care about the written word. Secondly, I'm not going to attach much blather to the acceptance of this award, but do want to note that before Mr. Linky stopped working (Dang him!), more than 1,600 Superior Scribblers worldwide had registered their blogs at the original award site.

Here are the rules for you Superior Scribblers out there, such as they are:

  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. For you 5 awardees today, that would be moi.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and leave a comment (since Mr. Linky's no longer working). That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog when passing along the award.

Without further ado, today's newest Superior Scribblers are:

Congratulations, y'all! And Happy 2nd Blogoversary to moi! Don't forget to enter for the $50 Target Gift Card. The winner will be announced tomorrow!


Shell said...

What an adorable pic!

I'm still going around singing b/c I won the first giveaway!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Love you picture! I used to love wearing my cowboy shirts all the time. I remember 3 specifically with fringe even! Also had one of the stick horses too at one time, but my dad actually hung a horse he made for me out of wood that I could actually sit on in our basement.

Congrats on your award and thanks for not passing it on to me. I have enough and don't really want to bother with anymore.

Thanks for letting me know about the $50 target card--I'm on my way.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Congrats on your award and anniversary. I hope you have a great day. Stopping from SITS!

The Blonde Duck said...

Congrats to the winners! And happy anniversary!

Tracy P. said...

She's a cute sheriff, too! I thought that was one of the chicas--now I see they favor their mama! Congratulations to you!!

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Happy Blogoversary!

I grew up in the west, so I have many pictures of me wearing cowboy accoutrement but your picture is truly adorable! Love your little steed :)

Looking forward to many more years of superior scribbles!

Jayde said...

Happy Blogiversarry! Congrats on keeping it up for 2 whole years! Looking forward to more!

Helen McGinn said...

Thank you hon! That is lovely of you. I LOVE the pic! How cute. xx

Tara R. said...

Congrats on your 2nd Blogoversary and congrats to the newest Superior Scribblers! I'm off to check out the recipients.

Best wishes for many more superior years!

(Been lovin' the old family pix. You and Mr. Fairway were adorable bebés)

MaryRC said...

love your cowgirl pic... your award is so very very cool...

Caution Flag said...

I always wanted to be a cowgirl until I learned that horses were big and smelled bad. I'm all about living a dream to its fullest!

Allyson said...

This was actually my first award that I ever received! And I didn't know the rules or that I could "register" I'm all over that! Congrats to your winners. I love to read Jeannie (and I'm a BIG fan of Caturday!) Congrats on making it 3 years. I can't imagine NOT writing, but I know that life does get in the way. As it has recently. But if I don't get some of this prose out of my head soon, it will most definitely explode. ;)

happily retired gal said...

What an adorable photo ;-)
Happy second blogoversary. Glad you're continuing to share the Superior Scribbler Award with more bloggers. Mama Zen honored me with it some time ago and I've displayed it with pride in the sidebar at Small Reflections ever since.
Hugs and blessings,

Quasi Serendipita said...

Happy anniversary :)

Susie said...

Awesome picture!!

Christy (Columbia Lily) said...

ooh look at that, I slipped in just under the wire!

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your award. 60 percent bite the dust, huh? Which means we've persevered!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm soooo behind...

Thank you so much for the award!! I will be doing this tomorrow - promise!

Call Me Cate said...

Thanks so much! I'm certainly a scribbler but rarely called superior.

That picture is just adorable. I wish I had the old pic of me with my pony. Her name was Flicka. Really creative, huh?

Tracie said...

Obviously, I suck and I'm a horrible blogger. I'm so sorry that it has taken me this long to thank you for the award. Thank you so much!!! And congrats on 2 years of blogging!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin