Well, I was lookin' for a Western-type cliché to go with this Superior Snap, shot in our backyard when I was about 3 or there-abouts. Hence, the title of my 2nd Blogoversary Post.
Time flies when we're having fun, don't it? At the risk of sounding a little too self-important, I had no idea where I was going when I started this blogging janx, but I ended up here. And so, 694 posts & 2 years later, here I am, still hanging on.
I'm not as prolific as I once was (one post a day for most of my first year!) & happenings at Our Humble High School sometimes prevent me from visiting y'all as much as I'd like, but please give me props for showing up. On time, most days, too!
As I mentioned over the weekend, statistics show that 60 percent of all new blogs bite the proverbial dust after 3 months. So, if nothing else, consider yours truly a survivor.
And as such, I want to keep on keepin' on. We've had one great giveaway in the last couple of days & one more is still underway. You have until 11:59 EST tonite to win a $50 Target Gift Card. So, please, check it out!
In honor of the occasion, I've decided not to make any grand pronouncements today. I'll just get to the good stuff. Most of y'all who've hung around here any length of time know me as the Superior Scribbler. And there's an award of the same name. I like to pass the Superior Scribbler Award along when I'm feeling festive. So, here goes!
First off, The Superior Scribbler Award is dedicated to those of y'all out there who care about the written word. Secondly, I'm not going to attach much blather to the acceptance of this award, but do want to note that before Mr. Linky stopped working (Dang him!), more than 1,600 Superior Scribblers worldwide had registered their blogs at the original award site.
Here are the rules for you Superior Scribblers out there, such as they are:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. For you 5 awardees today, that would be moi.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and leave a comment (since Mr. Linky's no longer working). That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog when passing along the award.
Without further ado, today's newest Superior Scribblers are:
Congratulations, y'all! And Happy 2nd Blogoversary to moi! Don't forget to enter for the $50 Target Gift Card. The winner will be announced tomorrow!