Saturday, March 20, 2010

On, Wisconsin! You'd Better Win Tomorrow...


On, Wisconsin!

Time to give a holla back to Ye Olde Home Team.

My NCAA March Madness brackets have pretty much fallen apart, what with Texas, Vandy, Georgetown, Minnesota & Temple losing in the first round. But the 4th-seeded University of Wisconsin, home to Bucky Badger & Ella Numera Una, hung on to win a squeaker yesterday, getting by Wofford (a Number 13 seed) by 4 measly points.

Well, a win is a win, correctamundo? And the Badgers lived to play another day. In fact, they'll face Cornell tomorrow.

I snagged this snap in 1997, when Wisconsin lost, big-time, to Syracuse up at the Meadowlands. But that was football. And we had fun anyway, watching Ella Numera Dos teach the Wisconsin Band a thing or 2 about the Chicken Dance. You know, the Upper Midwest. Home to brats, beer & boys who dance the polka.

Bigtime college basketball fan here. All I gotta say today is:

On, Wisconsin! Beat up on Cornell!!

15 comments:

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I love your enthusiasm. And Ella is adorable in that photo.

BLOGitse said...

Thumbs up!

BLOGitse

Mighty M said...

I hope they win! Good luck!

I am doing terrible in my bracket this year. I guess that's what happens when I don't follow basketball all year and then rapidly and randomly fill in my bracket! :)

Happy Saturday Sharefest!! :)

krissygallagher said...

And go OU!

Kaz and Amy said...

I hope they win! Love your spirit! Just found your blog and love it! I'm a new follower!

Be sure to check out my blog for the camera bag giveaway!
amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

w said...

yeah, wisconsin. you'd better win!

also. i don't watch sports. i feel a little lost.

singedwingangel said...

Love the photo but heate to be the heart breaker and say My state of Kentucky is gonna win this year.. GO BIG BLUE.. Love ya still though..

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I don't follow/like football, but for your sanity, I hope they win by a landslide!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friend!

John's comments said...

rah, rah, Wisconsin(Brit shrugs shoulders and wonders why it isn't soccer... I mean that's a real game with a ball) Random Twitter Stories.

shopannies said...

March Madness is here and alive as well

SparkleFarkle said...

I live in Buckyland. In fact, if I stand out in the middle of the street and pretend all the traffic and buildings are gone and, then, I squint, I can see the capital dome from my house. Are you originally from Wisconsin? Thanks for rooting for winners!

SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

Susie said...

Go Badgers!!

Kristin said...

The only thing that I know about Cornell is the Nard Dog went there.

Call Me Cate said...

I didn't do brackets this year but I'm pretty happy with a few teams that have been knocked out already. :)

Thanks for playing 6WS!

miss jo said...

I've never seen this superior snap. Priceless smile !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin