Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree!


Oh, Christmas Tree

When we journey down here to North Carolina's Outer Banks, we discover the most unusual things. Remnants of beach fire fiestas, the occasional odd sock tan. And, of course, sometimes we get amazingly lucky & come up with beautiful, beachy bling. But this Christmas tree, I'd say, has seen some better days.

I couldn't tell you when this seasonal shrub last hosted holiday revelers, but I do know that it probably has a few tales to tell. Like most bounty spit forth on the golden sands of The OBX, though, I don't think we'll ever hear this bedraggled tree's tale.

I know, I know~an odd selection for our weekly Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. But I have faith that yule come thru. How does it work? Just take a gander at this Superior Snap & conjur a caption. Tippy-type said caption, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post. And that's all there is to it, Scribe Fans! You'll win nothing tangible, this time around. Just the knowledge that you made a whole herd of us giggle. And what could be better than that?

12 comments:

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Oh look! Melissa B sent me a Christmas tree! It swam all the way over here to Hawaii! (Ichose to ignor the true location of said beach)

June Freaking Cleaver said...

OBX? I'm calling my travel agent to complain...she said I'd be going to Torrey Pines, in California!

Tortuga said...

The Bikini Bottom Holiday Delivery Service is running late this year.

Linda said...

Hey Dudes, I'm looking for some narly waves. Seen any?
Thanks so much for your comment.

Janine said...

Ahhh! Christmas is finally over! Spring break and sunny beaches...that's how I roll!
I like your blog and thank you for the chance to get my brain going this morning, lol! Thanks for stopping by my new blog, Sleeping With The Dogs! SITS friends. Janine

Tara R. said...

'Santa's elves made a pact, what happens on OBX, stays on OBX.'

Bilbo said...

How many times do I have to tell you...I'm an EVERGREEN, not a BEECH!! Sheesh...

Vodka Logic said...

the picture is kinda sad...


The ghost of Christmas past

carma said...

Hey, if it keeps the needles from getting in the house...

Susie said...

Santa was here:-)

Tracy P. said...

So funny! No caption today, but I've been seeing all sorts of stuff this weekend that emerged from all the melting. I hope it didn't all get cleaned up today, because tomorrow I'm taking my camera on a little "lost and found" hunt.

miss jo said...

An Xmas Tree that swims with the sharks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin