Saturday, March 13, 2010

The OBX: Best Burnout Cure Ever


Burn-Out Cure

Blowing rain, rough tides & high winds can't deter me from a good time when I'm decompressing on The OBX. I'm getting my laptop power cord this a.m., so I'll be able to write more soon. For now, though, here are my 6 Words, brought to you by Cate, at Show My Face:


Burned out; beach time; feel fine!

Editor's Note, NOON, EST: I finally have my power cord, so I can add a tad to this post. Down here at The OBX, folks aren't supposed to have campfires on the beach, but some inevitably do. This snap captures a tree, roots and all, that apparently had been yanked out of the ground in another locale & then tossed around by the ocean currents. The bottom part of the tree has been burned, probably in a beach fire. I ran down to the beach in a driving rain yesterday to capture a couple of snaps, & this is what I found.

Sun's out today, though, so I'm off to take advantage of Mother Nature's largesse!

19 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh how I love the Outer Banks! It's heavenly!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

I so love this stunning shoT!Melissa
Have a great week-end!
Betty xx

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I could use some time on the beach right about now...

Glad you're decompressing!

Sarah said...

how strange that looks like a burnout ox on the beach!

Allyson said...

I've got 6 words too: I am so jealous it hurts. I need a good beach vacation like a snowboarder needs powder. I'm glad you're decompressing and in such a fantastic spot. Can't wait to hear more. In the meantime, enjoy your sleep, your long leisurely breakfasts, and the books I'm sure you have stacked by your bed. ;)

mama-face said...

OH, I get it. One week ago I was on a beach in Mexico.

Enjoy!

Alicia said...

oh lady...i would kill for some beach time right now....

Jazzbumpa said...

I'm three weeks from Vero Beach.

Cheers!
JzB

Tracie said...

I miss living by the beach! It has been three years since I've been near the beach...that is just too long!

Thanks for stopping by my place today! =)

Vodka Logic said...

I love the beach thanks for the great picture

Tracy P. said...

Glad to hear the sun is shining today! Have a blast!

Shell said...

Hope you are having a fabulous time! We're south of there, but on the beach. It's a gorgeous day!

I got the target card in the mail the other day: THANK YOU!!!!!!

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

Beach time sounds great to me!!!

Mommie Daze said...

Looks beautiful! I can't wait until it's beach weather here. I live in Michigan, so it will be a while yet.

Susie said...

Ah!! Wish I could go! I really need it!!

Me, Myself and Pie said...

oh my goodness. I so envy you right now. It's rainy and cold here. Enjoy!

Oh and thanks for stopping by!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you are relaxing and that the sun is finally shining for you!!!

hrg of Sacred Ruminations said...

Looks like a MARVELOUS get-away ;-)
Hooray for power cords!
Hugs and blessings,

Call Me Cate said...

I could really go for an Outer Banks beach break. Hope it serves you well!

Thanks for playing 6WS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin