Sunday, March 21, 2010

Do Not Pass Go...Just Get Outta Here!


No Outlet

I took this shot a couple of days ago, when it looked like our last little bit of ice & snow had refused to make a graceful exit. But after a few days of temps in the 70s, even this dirty, stubborn chunk yielded to the more Spring-like scenery surrounding it.

The thing that irks me, though, is that our gorgeous Mid-Atlantic Spring is fixin' to come to a screeching hault. Ella Numera Dos came home for Spring Break Friday. Apparently some of that nasty, cold Upper Midwest weather is following her tomorrow. Yikes!

But I don't have a care in the world, 'cause Ella y yo are journeying Down South to sunnier climes this week. Mr. Fairway can stay home and deal with Old Man Winter, oui?

AnyWho, it's time for today's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. You know what to do, correctamundo? Take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then conjur a funny caption for said snap & tippy-type it, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post.

You'll win nothing tangible, this time around, for all your hard work. Just the knowledge that you gave a whole herd of us a good giggle. And what could be better than that?

17 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

On outlet.... how do I charge my mobie then.

quilly said...

Either I am drunk, or somebody tipped the world sideways.

Tara R. said...

I hope you and Ella have a great road trip. If you're headed down my way, let me know.

Quasi Serendipita said...

Have a lovely trip, I hope the weather is good to you!

Mighty M said...

At least I didn't wake up in jail....

:)

B Sparkly said...

Thank you for stopping by form SITS:) Have a lovely trip down south.
Anat

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I can't get used to viewing the world this way... and look - there's no outlet! I'm doomed!

A.K.A. "Yeah, I got nothing".

Have a good one!

Melissa Miller said...

Spring is here! Thank you for your kind visit today. You're always welcome sweet friend.

~Blessings, ~Melissa ;)

xoxoKrysten said...

Yay road trips!!

I am Harriet said...

We finally got rid of our snow...finally...

I'm passing by via SITS to say hello.
Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/

carma said...

looks like you're fixin to turn right - take a gander at that there sign

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

"Spring Upended"

:)


Holly

Me, Myself and Pie said...

Ugh, it's like that over here too. I just can't wait for spring to finally stick!

Susie said...

But I need an outlet for my stress!!

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Ahhh.....Spring is almost here :) This is the earliest the mound at the end of my driveaway has melted! I love bare ground.

alabaster cow said...

thanks for coming by alabaster cow! enjoy your trip to the south - we're a friendly people...for the most part :)

miss jo said...

Half that snow is probably gravel....Nice to have no worries, especially with an ella on the way home and beach in your future !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin